line reporter as he fights leukemia

#1 von MJL456 , 04.10.2018 14:57

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- About 100 people gathered on Tennessees campus Wednesday night and told their favorite personal anecdotes about former Lady Volunteers basketball coach Pat Summitt at a candlelight vigil.The vigil took place at Pat Summitt Plaza, which includes a bronze statue of Summitt and has served as a meeting place for mourners since she died Tuesday morning at age 64.Fans took turns describing their personal connections to Summitt that showed examples of her determination, her empathy and her sense of humor. They sang Rocky Top near the end of the vigil.I have a feeling that right now shes making angels do laps, said Nora Lou Wilson of Knoxville.The dozens of floral arrangements that were at the foot of Summitts statue Tuesday night had doubled in size by the start of Wednesdays vigil.An orange scarf had been placed around her neck. Signs on the concrete wall behind the statue featured hundreds of signatures. A wood carving of the state of Tennessee stood behind the statue and included the message, Now go lead your team in heaven.Alicia Manning, who played for the Tennessee womens basketball team from 2008 to 12 and was part of Summitts last team, said she expected the floral arrangements to continue increasing up until the July 14 ceremony at Thompson-Boling Arena celebrating Summitts life.From now until then its going to keep getting bigger, Manning said. Obviously by then its going to be insane, which it should be. She deserves that.The most emotional story at the vigil came from Becky Evans of Knoxville, who described an encounter her family had with Summitt while her father -- an avid Tennessee fan -- was undergoing quadruple-bypass surgery. Summitt, who was at the hospital because of an injured player, overheard Evans and her mom talking about how much their father would love to meet the coach.Evans said Summitt stayed with her and her mom for three hours. When Evans father was out of surgery, Summitt went into his hospital room, spent half an hour visiting him and later thanked him for being a Tennessee fan.I just came tonight to honor a great lady of character, Evans said as she looked back at the statue. [I was] 17 years old and scared that your dad was going to die and not knowing, and all alone.This lady took it upon herself to care for two East Tennessee girls and share her love. I just wanted to honor her tonight and tell her, Thank you, Pat. Thank you for caring about us, and thank you for caring about my dad.Some fans used the vigil as an opportunity to promote bringing back the Lady Volunteers nickname for all Tennessee sports and collect signatures to petition that cause. Some speakers campaigned for that while giving their testimonials.In a move that took effect in July 2015, all Tennessee womens sports teams other than the basketball squad started being called the Volunteers rather than the Lady Vols.School officials said the basketball team could continue calling itself the Lady Vols because of the championship legacy established by Summitt.School officials announced in February that the other womens sports teams would wear a commemorative patch on their uniform in 2016-17 to honor the Lady Vols legacy, a move that came after legislators introduced a bill that would have required Tennessee to call all its womens sports teams the Lady Vols. The legislative measure was then withdrawn from consideration. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Bennie-Fowler-Jersey/ . You can watch the game live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Flyers had won seven of eight before dropping their last two outings on consecutive days over the weekend. Philadelphia was handed a 6-3 loss by the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rangers the following night in New York City. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Karl-Mecklenburg-Jersey/ . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Dennis-Smith-Jersey/ . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Todd-Davis-Jersey/ . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Darian-Stewart-Jersey/ . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Kawhi Leonard and the San Antonio Spurs put on such a basketball show they sent the loyal Golden State fans to a rare early exit. What a strange sight at Oracle Arena for opening night and Kevin Durants long-awaited Warriors debut.Leonard scored a career-high 35 points and the Spurs emphatically spoiled KDs first game for Golden State in a 129-100 rout Tuesday that the Warriors could hardly believe had just happened.We got punched in the mouth, Draymond Green said. I dont know if it was quite a bad thing for us.Durant had 27 points and 10 rebounds, but little looked in sync for MVP Stephen Curry and the reigning Western Conference champions in a forgettable first game -- and quite a different one after the Warriors dominated at home and came out of the blocks last season with a record 24-0 start.Leonard scored 31 points by the end of the third, LaMarcus Aldridge added 26 points and 14 rebounds and Gregg Popovich thoroughly outdid a couple of his close friends on the opposite bench in reigning NBA Coach of the Year Steve Kerr and top assistant Mike Brown.Yes, San Antonio sent quite a message to the West.If there was an outcome I wasnt expecting, it was this one, San Antonios Manu Ginobili said. A 29-point lead against a team like them? I truly didnt expect it.Curry, last seasons first unanimous MVP, scored 26 points but was just 3 for 10 from 3-point range. Green had 18 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, while Klay Thompson was limited to 11 points on 5-of-13 shooting.The star-studded Warriors were sloppy, committing 16 turnovers, and got outrebounded 55-35. They are clearly still finding themselves just as Kerr expected -- though maybe not quite like this while.No, I didnt see losing by 29 points, Kerr said. Its going to be an ugly tape to watch. ... I think our guys were embarrassed tonight. I know I was.San Antonio exhibited smooth, crisp ball movement and looked polished in a game that had a playoff feel on Day 1.Two-time Defensive Player of the Year Leonard shot 10 for 21 and made all 15 of his free throws.Jonathon Simmons came off the bench to score a career-high 20 points, including a 3 to beat the halftime buzzer for a 64-46 advantage. His status had been in doubt for the opener because of a calf injury.Green dunked off a pass from Curry early in the third to get Golden State within 10, only to pound his chest and yell before being hit with a technical.The Warriors had flurries of greatness trying to get back in it. San Antonio answered each time -- like when Golden State pulled within 50-42 in the second quartter before the Spurs closed the half on a 14-4 run.ddddddddddddIts a nice little slap in the face, Curry said. First game you want to come out and protect your home court and have the energy of the home opener live throughout the game. We didnt do anything to let that happen.Durant made a 14-footer 65 seconds into the game and hit his first four shots. But he didnt have much help early.San Antonio led 31-20 after the first, when the Warriors shot 7 for 20 with four baskets by Durant. Golden States other players were 3 for 15, and the Warriors got outrebounded 17-9.Durant, whose former Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the Spurs in the Western Conference semifinals, wants to make sure this result doesnt start a trend.What we cant do is let these games pile up, he said. We cant panic. Its Game 1 of 82.TIP-INSSpurs: Pau Gasol had two points in 18-plus minutes of his debut for San Antonio. ... The Spurs won at Oracle Arena for the first time since a 113-110 victory on Nov. 11, 2014. ... Leonards previous career high was 33 on April 2 at Toronto.Warriors: Durant has scored 20 or more points in 65 straight games. ... C Zaza Pachulia scored two points in his Warriors debut. ... Golden States three-game home winning streak against the Spurs was snapped along with its run of four straight victories in season openers.NO DUNCANYou bet it was strange for Popovich to play the first real game without Duncan. Its the first time since Popovichs initial season as head coach of the Spurs in 1996-97 to be exact.He was like a security blanket for everybody. Even if things went awry, Popovich said. He was like the center of the universe and everybody knew how to act around that. With that pivotal guy gone, well have to wait and see who accepts that role.SAGER STRONGA special giveaway T-shirt with Craig Sagers likeness hung on every seat for the sellout crowd to honor the eccentric, beloved TNT sideline reporter as he fights leukemia. Warriors coach Steve Kerr wore a different colorful version earlier, then a wild tie for the game.Popovich offered a caring thought after Curry sent his best over the mic.Hes just an iconic and weird and wonderful guy all at the same time, and I mean that lovingly, he said.UP NEXTSpurs: They visit Sacramento on Thursday as the Kings open their new arena, Golden 1 Center.Warriors: Golden State plays at New Orleans on Friday to begin a stretch of three straight on the road and four of five away from Oracle. Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

MJL456  
MJL456

It was a hard week for me but we had a
Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz