has been forced to adjust to multiple offensive

#1 von hfy962464 , 23.05.2018 03:51

WASHINGTON -- Heres an audacious way to get a promotion: Tell the big boss what hes been doing wrong. Miranda Brazil Jersey . Brian MacLellan did just that when he interviewed with owner Ted Leonsis for the Washington Capitals general manager job. "He led off with some of the things that I have to do to be a better owner," Leonsis said. "I thought that was very brave and very astute, because you dont want to hear things like that." MacLellans strategy helped him pull an upset. Leonsis was looking for a new direction and hadnt intended to promote from within after George McPhees contract wasnt renewed, but MacLellans candour helped him rise above the 15 or so candidates and land the job. "I didnt think I had anything to lose," MacLellan said. MacLellan has been with Washington for 13 seasons, including seven as assistant GM, but most of his work had been in scouting and he had rarely spoken to Leonsis. His message: When everyone in the organization is not on the same page, including the owner, the product on the ice suffers. Such was the case last season with McPhee and coach Adam Oates, and the result was a team that missed the playoffs for the first time in seven years despite 51 goals from Alex Ovechkin. "I think the important point I was trying to make is that I think the team feels when theres a disconnect," MacLellan said, "or (when) theres not a unified philosophy from ownership to manger to coach." MacLellan was introduced alongside Barry Trotz, the longtime Nashville Predators coach who replaces Oates. While MacLellan was one of many GM candidates, Trotz was the only coach the Capitals interviewed. His only hang-up was that he had to wait for a GM to get in place, and to make sure it was someone who shared a similar vision. "Its where I started," said Trotz, who coached the Capitals top minor league affiliate in the 1990s before spending 15 seasons with the Predators, "so I feels like I was coming home." Leonsis said he was keen to get someone with a solid track record after five consecutive McPhee hires who had no previous NHL head coaching experience. "We are not rebuilding the team," Leonsis said. "But we are going to refresh the team." Ovechkin has been forced to adjust to multiple offensive systems through several coaching changes in recent years. One of Trotzs priorities will be to sit down with the three-time league MVP and discuss the way forward. "My job as a coach is to find a way to allow Alex and the other players to reach their potential as a group, and be able to play together," Trotz said. "One of the very fundamental things, if you have a kindergarten, they give you your report card and they say, Do you play well with others? My job is to get everybody to play well with the others." Trotz downplayed his reputation as a defensive-minded coach, saying he didnt have the same firepower in Nashville that hell have in Washington. "I dont want to take anything away from the Capitals offensively. ... (They have) great power plays and great individuals that can put the puck in the net," Trotz said. "I didnt have that in Nashville. I had some real good players, but not enough up front, so we become a little more of a defensive team." Trotz said he doesnt see why the Capitals cant get back in the Stanley Cup mix right away, assuming they can forge the unified gameplan envisioned by MacLellan. "Theres enough ability here," Trotz said. "We just have to forge a little bit of an identity going forward." Alisson Jersey . The Senators return from a lengthy layoff caused by Wednesdays attack on Parliament Hill to host the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night. Jonas Brazil Jersey . Giants manager Bruce Bochy told The Associated Press of the decision before NL West-leading San Francisco opened a 10-game homestand Monday night with the first of three games against second-place Arizona. http://www.soccerbrazilonline.com/Renato-Augusto-Copa-America-Jersey/ . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest.Panama City, Panama (SportsNetwork.com) - Harold Varner III fired a 6-under 64 in Fridays second round and he jumped into the lead after 36 holes of the season-opening Panama Claro Championship. Varner, who is starting his second full season on the Web.com Tour, finished two rounds at 9-under 131. He missed the tournaments 36-hole scoring record by one stroke. Mathew Goggin is one stroke back at minus-8 after a second-round, 5-under 65 at Club de Golf de Panama. Zack Fischer (66) and Henrik Norlander (67) share third place at 5-under-par 135. Aaron Watkins (68) is tied for fifth at 4-under 136 with Hao Tong Li (69). Curtis Thompson (69), Oliver Goss (69), Chase Wright (67) and Andrew Landry (69) are one stroke further back at minus-3. First-round leader Scott Parel stumbled to a 4-over 74 and slid to 1-under-par 139, which dropped him into a share of 14th place. Varner, who was in the second group out off the 10th tee, opened with a pair of pars. He got on the board with birdies at the 12th and 14th. However, he tripped to a bogey No. 15 to dip back to minus-4. He ran off five straight pars from the 16th. Back-to-back birdies at three and four moved him to 6-under. Varner wasnt finished there. He parred five and six and was suddenly tied for the lead after Goggin bogeyed the 15th. As Goggin bounced back with a pair of birdies, Varner matched them as he birdied the seventh and eighth. Varner made it three in a row as he also birdied the ninth to end one clear of the field. It was calm until we got to our back niine. Custom Brazil Soccer Jersey. Yesterday, I was hitting from the rough and its just hard to play from the rough out here, Varner said. The greens are so firm and judging the fliers makes it difficult to get to the pins. Playing from the fairways today was huge. Goggin, who was in the first group out off the first tee, got going with a birdie on the third and followed with an eagle on the par-5 fourth. He gave those two strokes back as he tripped to bogeys at five and six. The four-time Web.com Tour winner recovered one stroke as he birdied the seventh to move to minus-5. Around the turn, Goggin birdie the 11th. Goggin traded a birdie at the 14th for a bogey at the 15th. He shared the lead with Varner at that point. Goggin converted back-to-back birdie efforts at 16 and 17, but parred the last to end one back. Maybe some of the young guys come out with that all attack attitude and that just doesnt work well around here. Youve got to control the ball flight and it gets windy and tricky, Goggin stated. There are a lot of times youre playing away from the hole. Youve got to shape the ball and hope you make a few 15-footers, but you dont have to go all out. NOTES: Varner shared second place last year at the Rex Hospital Open for his best career tour finish ... Chase Wright (67) had the lone bogey-free round on Friday ... The cut line fell at 3-over-par 143 with 73 players advancing to the weekend ... Among those that missed the cut were Steve Marino, Carlos Franco, Luke List, Tommy Gainey and D.J. Trahan. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

hfy962464  
hfy962464

e Wests fumble on the Browns next play from scrimmage
. The embarrassing plays have continued as we re

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz