s winning shot on the other end. A half-court shot by

#1 von riluowanying123 , 08.01.2019 14:05

By now, Meb Keflezighi is familiar with every patch of asphalt on the New York City Marathon route.He has run the race 10 times, finishing as high as first and as far back as 23rd. Its a race he holds dear for his 2009 victory -- coming at a time when some believed his career was over -- and for the way the city has opened its arms to him, time and again. Fans have cheered his every stride through the five boroughs. He calls it the marathon of the world for its diverse field and crowds.So, hes excited to return to New York for Sundays race. This time, hes even guaranteed a lead position.For the first time since 2012, Keflezighi, 41, wont be running. Instead, hell be one of the races grand marshals, along with his U.S. marathon teammates from this summers Olympics. Hell be in the lead vehicle with a chance to see the race unfold without breaking a sweat.Its going to be a whole different perspective, he said.Related story from Competitor.com: How to watch the NYC MarathonRelated story from Competitor.com: Molly Huddle ready for her marathon debutThese days, Keflezighi is taking some time to look at everything from a new angle. After competing in his fourth Olympics, hes transitioning into a retirement that could take many shapes. Its a transition that will take a while.He plans to run two more marathons, both in 2017. That would give him 26 career marathon finishes.Twenty-six marathons for the distance, he said, referring to the races 26.2-mile length. And Im also going to be 42 years old. In terms of running international, its 42 kilometers and 195 meters. So, 42 years old and 26 marathons in honor of the distance.He said nothing is official on which races hell run. Hes hopeful they will be Boston and New York. A finale in New York would be a fitting farewell. He made his marathon debut there in 2002.But were still working out the details, he said.Keflezighi will continue to train and run through next year and beyond, but he knows its time for his marathon career to end. After that, hell run half-marathons, 15Ks, 10Ks and other shorter distances, while putting most of his attention on his family, his Meb Foundation and business and charitable interests.Ive been running 26 years, he said. I just dont want to do competitive marathons where people, believe it or not, still expect me to win. Even though Im 41, 42, they want me to win. But expectations, external and internal -- even though I have the desire to do those things, go to Rio, get the gold -- I wish it were that simple. Everything has to click. Sometimes, you just have to be thankful for the things you have earned.No unturned stonesWhat Keflezighi has earned has been remarkable.Hes the only marathoner to have won an Olympic medal (silver in 2004) while also winning at Boston and New York. He was on the 2000, 2004, 2012 and 2016 U.S. Olympic teams. He won 23 national championships at various distances. And he won four NCAA titles at UCLA before turning pro in 1998.My career has been more special than I could have ever imagined, he said. Im grateful for that.He said theres no unturned stones in his marathon career. He has accomplished more than he dreamed. His only goal for his final two marathons will be to finish in the top 10. They wont be ceremonial strolls.I dont want to say, Ahh, I just finished it, he said. I want to finish strong and be as competitive as I can be.Keflezighi, who came to the United States with his family from war-torn Eritrea at the age of 12, discovered running as a middle schooler in San Diego. He then became a standout at San Diego High School and earned a scholarship to UCLA. He excelled at cross country and the 5,000 and 10,000 meters. He made his first Olympic team in the 10,000 and competed in the 2000 Sydney Summer Games. The following year, he set a U.S. 10K record (27:13.98).It wasnt until 2002 that he ran his first marathon, finishing New York in 2:12:35, good for ninth place.At the time, he said he never wanted to do a marathon again -- yet he actually had found his calling. Now he laughs when sharing his only regret: What I now know, I wish I knew then.Whats next?Keflezighis whole focus earlier this year was on making the Rio de Janeiro Olympics and doing as well as possible. He qualified by finishing second in the U.S. trials in Los Angeles in February, running 2:12:20. At 40, he became the oldest American marathoner to qualify for the summer games.He went into the Olympics feeling strong, but he got sick on race day and had to stop several times to throw up. He willed himself to continue. Then, as he approached the finish, he slipped on the wet pavement and fell face down across the line -- where he promptly did three pushups to show he was fine, got up and celebrated his 33rd-place finish in 2:16:46.Though disappointed, hes proud of what he did in Brazil. One reason he wanted to go to a fourth Olympics was so his three daughters (ages 10, 8 and 6) would have a memory of their father in the Rio Games.They were there at the finish with wife Yordanos, brother Hawi and longtime coach Bob Larsen.They remember it, Keflezighi said. That was the whole goal. My youngest daughter does remember. When she was asked what was the best part of the summer, she said, When Daddy competed in Rio.Time with his wife and daughters is at the top of Keflezighis wish list now, as he transitions into retirement. He said travel and training have taken too much time from them.He hopes to blend family time with the work he does for the Meb Foundation, which is focused on helping children to be healthy and successful. Also on that list is doing public speaking and coaching. Hes interested in coaching every type of athlete, from collegiate standouts to men and women who simply want to complete in a half-marathon.Keflezighi said he doesnt want to be known as just a fine runner but also as a positive citizen and contributor to society.And Keflezighis post-marathon world also will be filled with appearances and work for his many sponsors. Last weekend, he was at a half-marathon in Sonoma, California, mingling with runners for a company that makes jerky products. Included among his other sponsors are companies that make shoes, printers, nutrition bars, compression socks, sunglasses and tires.Though he wont be running in Sundays New York City Marathon, hes still having a busy race week. On Tuesday, he received an award from famed distance runner Grete Waitzs AKTIV Against Cancer organization for his philanthropic work, and hell take part in a news conference with the grand marshals Thursday.Twenty-four marathons down, two to go. Theres still more work to do.It is my plan, said Keflezighi, laughing, but sometimes you wonder why you come up with these things. Cheap Jordans Free Shipping .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Wholesale Authentic Jordans . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. http://www.jordansdiscount.com/ . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Authentic Jordans For Cheap . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Discount Jordans From China . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. ESTERO, Fla. -- Trae Bell-Haynes floater from the left side of the lane with 3.5 seconds remaining lifted Vermont to a 60-59 victory over Wofford on Monday in the opening game of the Gulf Coast Showcase.Cameron Jacksons basket with 1:42 left gave Wofford a 59-58 lead but teammate Derrick Brooks missed a pair of free throws with 52 seconds left. The Catamounts Payton Henson had his shot underneath blocked by Jackson before the Terriers Fletcher Magee missed a 3-point attempt with 13 seconds leftt.dddddddddddd Bell-Haynes then made his winning shot on the other end. A half-court shot by Wofford at the buzzer was short.Henson finished with 14 points and eight rebounds for Vermont (4-1), which survived a 38 percent shooting performance, in part by making 18 of 22 free throws. Bell-Haynes had six assists.Jackson scored 20 points and Magee 12 for Wofford (1-2). China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123

points and 15 rebounds, and Minnesota beat Phoenix.
d from the spot to tally his fifth goal of the sea

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz