uld start the big run the team has been waiting for a

#1 von riluowanying123 , 26.01.2019 13:21

DENVER -- Carlos Gonzalez cant ever remember hitting a ball any better or louder.Just a sweet sound coming off the bat, he said.The smooth-swinging slugger hit a three-run homer to break a scoreless tie in the sixth inning, Chad Bettis threw efficiently into the seventh and the Colorado Rockies beat the Atlanta Braves 7-3 on Thursday night.Gonzalez drilled a 97 mph fastball from Mike Foltynewicz (3-4) over the fence in right-center. It was Gonzalezs 20th homer of the season and first since participating in the All-Star Home Run Derby.I knew I was going to get one pitch the whole night. That was it, Gonzalez said. Im glad I didnt miss it. I didnt waste that great outing that Bettis was throwing.Bettis (8-6) was in command all night thanks to his curveball. The right-hander allowed one run over 6 2/3 innings. He was cruising through Atlantas lineup until hitting a bump in the seventh when he gave up an RBI double to A.J. Pierzynski.I really liked the way he used his curveball, Rockies manager Walt Weiss explained. Got a lot of strikes and outs with it.Trailing 7-1 in the ninth, the Braves scored twice before the Rockies brought in closer Carlos Estevez with two outs. He got Jace Peterson to roll out to end the game and earn his seventh save.The Rockies have won seven straight over Atlanta at Coors Field.Foltynewicz was both electric and erratic in 5 2/3 innings. He didnt allow a hit until DJ LeMahieus leadoff single in the fourth and struck out five. He walked five.His most costly mistake was the fastball to Gonzalez, who has six seasons with at least 20 homers.You cant fall behind one of the best fastball hitters in the game, Foltynewicz conceded. He was waiting on the inside fastball and he turned on it.Pinch-hitter Mark Reynolds added some insurance with a solo homer in the seventh that went an estimated 484 feet. It was his first pinch-hit homer in two years.He got it good, Weiss said. Pinch-hit homers are nice.There was a crazy play in the eighth with runners on second and third. On a single by Nick Hundley, Trevor Story scored easily but Daniel Descalso nearly collided with shortstop Erick Aybar as Descalso took off from second. Descalso was thrown out at the plate, but Aybar was called for obstruction. Hundley was credited with one RBI and Aybar was given an error.Pierzynski was ejected on the play for what he said was kicking the ball toward the Rockies dugout.We needed a new ball. Ive done that 100 times over my career, Pierzynski explained. I wasnt looking at him. I didnt say anything to him.I apologized. Maybe I should have bent over and picked it up and rolled it over there?Anthony Recker replaced him and had an RBI double in the ninth, part of a two-run inning off Rockies reliever Jason Motte.TRAINERS ROOMBraves: OF Mallex Smith (broken left thumb) is swinging one-handed and doing some throwing. ... RHP Daniel Winkler (broken right elbow) isnt close to heading out for a rehab assignment, interim manager Brian Snitker said. Winkler is still going through long toss.Rockies: Backup C Tony Wolters wears a bandage on his chin after recently fouling off a bunt attempt in batting practice that struck him in the face. You cant teach stuff like that, Weiss joked. It didnt bother him as Wolters delivered a pinch-hit, RBI double in the eighth. ... Weiss said OF Gerardo Parra (sprained left ankle) is getting closer to a rehab assignment.CONTACTOF Nick Markakis went 32 straight plate appearances without swinging at a pitch and missing. That ended in the ninth when he swung at strike three. He finished 1 for 3.He has such a great eye at the plate, Snitker said. Hes one of the most disciplined hitters that Ive seen.REST DAY3B Nolan Arenado got a rare day off Thursday after struggling at the plate this month. He hasnt homered since July 5 at San Francisco.I run him out there pretty regularly. Hes very durable, Weiss said.UP NEXTThis certainly looks familiar: Jon Gray (5-4) and Julio Teheran (3-8) will face each other Friday night -- the second time in a week. The starters didnt figure into the decision during a 1-0 Atlanta win last Sunday. Kevin Byard Jersey . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. http://www.authenticfootballshoptitans.com/authentic-da-norris-searcy-titans-jersey/ . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. http://www.authenticfootballshoptitans.com/authentic-eric-weems-titans-jersey/ . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Corey Davis Jersey . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. http://www.authenticfootballshoptitans.com/authentic-kevin-dodd-titans-jersey/ . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. ST. LOUIS -- Throughout a season in which the St. Louis Cardinals have made an art form of inconsistency, manager Mike Mathenys message has been the same: No one game is bigger than the other.However, even Matheny couldnt suppress a smile Monday night when asked if his teams miracle 5-4 win over the Cincinnati Reds was its biggest of 2016.Im not going to deny there can be lasting effects to a game like this, he said. Its always good to be reminded of what kind of team we can be.Down to its last out, St. Louis scored all five runs to turn a certain loss into a stunning win. The result boosted the Cardinals (59-53) into a tie with Miami for the National Leagues second wild card after the Marlins lost 8-7 in 14 innings to the San Francisco Giants.The Cardinals will attempt to build off that win Tuesday night in Busch Stadium when Mike Leake (8-9, 4.80 ERA) tries to crack the code against his old team.Leake has been rocked for 13 runs in 11 innings against Cincinnati this year, giving up seven runs Thursday in a 7-0 loss at the Great American Ball Park. Since the All-Star break, Leakes ERA is a cringe-worthy 8.18.The 28-year-old right-hander hadnt faced Cincinnati until this year. Leake spent his first 5 1/2 major league seasons with the Reds, then finished last year with the Giants.He will be opposed by Brandon Finnegan, who dominated St. Louis for six scoreless innings last Thursday, yielding just two hits and fanning four without a walk. Finnegan (7-8, 4.dddddddddddd45 ERA) is 2-1 with a 2.81 ERA in six career outings against the Cardinals.The Reds (45-66) will hope that Finnegan can repeat that outing -- and that the bullpen doesnt repeat its endgame implosion of Monday night.Prior to the ninth inning, Cincinnatis bullpen had a 2.08 ERA in its past 26 games, the best in the NL and second only to the New York Yankees in the majors during that span. By contrast, the Reds bullpen ERA going into July 5 was on pace to be one of the five worst in big-league history.Its a miserable feeling, but weve just got to come back tomorrow and win the game and get this feeling out of our system, Cincinnati manager Bryan Price said after the Monday loss.A similar feeling seeped into the Cardinals bones for the better part of three games. St. Louis lost the last two games of a weekend series to the Atlanta Braves, the last-place team in the NL East, by a combined 19-8.And the Reds, the NL Central cellar-dwellers, were one out away from shutting out the Cardinals in 22 straight innings. Instead, St. Louis authored a comeback that in theory could start the big run the team has been waiting for all year.We were fighting to get a positive vibe, Matheny said. We were in a bad spot, but we just continued to play the game. We didnt settle. Guys were in grind mode. They kept swinging. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123

uck out six, walked two and allowed two runs in a 12
friendly, before they take on Lithuania a

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz