ing strikeout ended Torontos i

#1 von MJL456 , 11.02.2019 08:56

Team GBs womens hockey team claimed Great Britains 24th gold medal of the Rio Olympic games, defeating the Netherlands in the final.It was a huge feat for the team, who claimed the countrys first ever Olympic title in womens hockey after winning a dramatic penalty shootout against the world No. 1 team.Hollie Webb scored the decisive penalty, after it finished 3-3 after normal time.Nick Skelton won Great Britains first individual showjumping gold medal in Olympic history following a stunning performance in Deodoro.The 58-year-old, from Alcester in Warwickshire, also became Britains oldest Olympic gold medallist in any sport, eclipsing shooter Jerry Millner, who won gold in 1908.Skelton and Big Star -- his London 2012 team gold medal-winning ride -- were among six combinations that jumped off against the clock after posting double clear rounds earlier in the day.And Skelton, competing in his seventh Olympics, set a scorching pace of 42.82 seconds despite being first to go, that no other rider could match.It means that Great Britains equestrian team finished their Rio campaign with two gold medals -- Skelton and dressage star Charlotte Dujardin -- plus a silver for the dressage team.Lutalo Muhammad described the horrible moment when his Olympic gold medal dream was dashed in the final second of a dramatic mens -80kg taekwondo final at the Rio Olympic Park on Friday.Muhammad looked set to emulate his Great Britain team-mate Jade Jones when Ivory Coast opponent Cheick Sallah Cisse swung a last-gasp head-kick which snatched an 8-6 win just as the final buzzer sounded.Cisse tore away to wildly celebrate his nations first Olympic gold while the 25-year-old Londoner stood dazed in the middle of the mat, his hopes of victory ripped away in the most heartbreaking fashion.Muhammad, who won bronze at London 2012, said: Its a horrible moment when at the last second his points have gone on the board and the time has run out and there is nothing you can do about it.I hit him in the head and it didnt come up for me and I had to re-focus. I went to the body, I was up, and it was the last kick. My check skimmed off, and his reverse hit.Muhammad had set the pace in a dramatic and keenly contested final, scoring with a three-point head kick in the first and edging back ahead early in the last after the Ivorian responded with a three-pointer of his own.The Briton led 6-4 going into the final moments when Cisse clawed back a single point then struck for the most incredible of finishes as the clock ticked down to zero.Muhammad admitted: Obviously, the emotions are very raw right now. Its tough to lose in the Olympic final, especially in the last second of a match I was winning.It does make it all the more painful. If I was losing throughout I would accept it, but I came very close to achieving my goal, and I am going to have to settle for second best today.The joy of Great Britains women was palpable as they won a first Olympic 4x100 metres medal since 1984.Four years ago Desiree Henry was helping to light the Olympic cauldron with other young, talented British athletes, while Dina Asher-Smith was carrying boxes of kit for the athletes lining up.Great Britain did not even a qualify a 4x100m team to compete at their home Games, but on Friday underlined the vast strides made since then by securing Rio 2016 bronze.Henry and Asher-Smith, along with Asha Philip and Daryll Neita broke the British record they set just last month, finishing third in 41.77 seconds to secure the countrys first womens 4x100m medal at the Olympics in 32 years.This means an awful lot because not only have we worked hard to get faster as individuals we have worked hard as a team, Asher-Smith said.To be able to come out here and deliver the goods when the pressure is on is absolutely incredible. Im so unbelievably proud of all of these girls.Henry added: At times we did feel people had given up on us but as individuals, we know how far British womens sprinting is coming.Each year we have got better and better. We are becoming consistent and winning medals.We have belief in ourselves and our team has belief in us and that is all we need.The Press Association contributed to this report Black Ultra Boost 2019 . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Adidas Ultra Boost 4.0 Sale .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. http://www.cheapultraboost.us/ . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Cheap Ultra Boost 4.0 . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. White Ultra Boost . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos.TORONTO -- Munenori Kawasaki had one thing going through his mind as he rounded the bases after his first home run in Major League Baseball: nothing. Kawasaki had a RBI single in the fifth inning and a key at-bat in the ninth to help the Blue Jays edge the Baltimore Orioles 7-6 on Friday and stretch Torontos win streak to nine games. But its his seventh-inning homer that tied the game 6-6 that is memorable -- even if it was a little hazy for him. "I just tried to hit the ball," said Kawasaki through Yasushi Kikuchi, a reporter from the Kyodo News who offered to translate after the game. Kawasaki added through his volunteer translator: "I didnt expect to hit the home run at the time. It was like a dream. I was dreaming. In my head was just nothing." Kawasakis home run to shallow right field cashed in third baseman Maicer Izturis and brought the 35,472 Blue Jays fans in attendance to their feet. The raucous crowd demanded a curtain call from the Japanese infielder, chanting "KA-WA-SA-KI!" as he repeatedly bowed in gratitude. "Very happy," said Kawasaki, reading from a small notebook of Japanese-to-English translations. "Thank you, appreciate. Yeah. Thank you. Appreciate." Rajai Davis hit a game-ending single to cap Torontos (36-36) ninth inning rally as the Blue Jays reached .500 for the first time all season. Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind also had home runs for Toronto, while closer Casey Janssen earned the win, salvaging a weak start by knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (6-8). Dickey earned a no decision after throwing seven-plus innings, striking out five but giving up six earned runs with two walks. "It was the crappiest, best game Ive pitched, if thats possible," said Dickey. "I had a pretty good knuckleball going into the game and threw a couple hangers up there and they got punished in bad situations but, gosh, what a team. "To be a part of a team that really, yknow, were starting to become a family and its showing." Chris Davis, J.J. Hardy and Ryan Flaherty all had home runs for Baltimore (42-32). Orioles starter Jason Hammel (7-4) fanned seven over six innings, giving up four earned runs and four hits with one walk. Reliever Brian Matusz took the loss. Trailing 6-4, Torontos seventh began with promise as Izturis singled off reliever Tommy Hunter. Josh Thole flied out to left field and Emilio Bonifacio struck out, bringing Kawasaki to the plate for his fateful homer. "I would say that its no surprise, but that home run was a surprise," said Dickey. "The legend grows. The Kawasaki legend grows, and rightfully so." Melky Cabrera then singled to keep the Blue Jays rally alive, chasing Hunter from the game. Davis, running for Cabrera, stole second with slugger Jose Bautista at bat, but Darren ODay struck out the all-star right-fielder to end Torontos inning. Baltimores eighth inning was brief, as Nick Markakis was called out on strikes and Adam Jones popped out to centre field. Rajai Davis got the third out by making a sprinting catch on Chris Davis in left-centre field. The Blue Jays also had a quick eighth, as Encarnacion, Lind and Colby Rasmus flied out to left, right and centre field respectively.dddddddddddd Janssen followed with a three up, three down ninth inning retiring Matt Wieters, Hardy and Flaherty in quick succession. Izturis started the Blue Jays ninth with a single to right field. He then advanced on Tholes sacrifice bunt down the third-base line. Matusz intentionally walked Toronto pinch hitter Mark DeRosa -- in for Bonifacio -- bringing Kawasaki to the plate. The crowd alternated between chants of "Lets go Blue Jays!" and "KA-WA-SA-KI!" as the Japanese infielder worked up to an eight-pitch 2-2 count, grounding out to second but advancing both Izturis and DeRosa. When asked about the chants after the game, Kawasaki spoke through his translator, saying: "I was just flattered and my leg was shaking." He then cut in and said himself: "I was nervous. I was nervous." Davis took full advantage of having runners in scoring position, driving in Izturis with a single to left field that ended the game. "We got to give credit though to Kawasaki, he had some big hits with men on base," said Davis. "My hit doesnt even happen without those big hits." Lind opened the scoring for Toronto in the first inning, driving in Encarnacion with a home run over the right-field fence to give Toronto a 2-0 lead. Orioles manager Buck Showalter was ejected from the game in the second after Chris Davis was called out swinging. Home plate umpire Angel Hernandez originally ruled that Davis had tipped the ball and that Thole had failed to control it. Toronto manager John Gibbons came out to argue the call and, after a discussion among the officiating crew, it was ruled a strikeout. Showalter was tossed from the game by Hernandez after a lengthy debate along the first-base line. The Orioles manager pointed to each member of the umpiring crew and pantomimed throwing them out of the game before leaving the field. Wieters then struck out, but Hardy hit a home run to deep left to make it 2-1. Izturis began Torontos fifth with a walk, advancing to second on Tholes groundout to Flaherty. Izturis made it to third on Bonifacios pop fly to deep right field along the first-base line. Kawasaki then cashed in the Blue Jays third baseman with a single to centre field. Cabreras swinging strikeout ended Torontos inning, with the Blue Jays holding a 3-1 lead. Dickey struggled in the sixth, giving up a hit to Nate McLouth. Toronto got an out when Manny Machado popped to right, but Dickey walked Markakis and Jones drove in McLouth with a single. Chris Davis then cleared the bases with a homer to deep left -- his 27th of the season -- to give Baltimore a 5-3 lead. Encarnacion crushed the 10th pitch he faced in the sixth inning, with the ball landing in the Rogers Centres second deck. That was all the offence Toronto got in the sixth with the score 5-4. Baltimore immediately responded in the top of the seventh, with Flaherty smashing a home run to deep right field to put the score at 6-4 and set the stage for Kawasakis heroic home run. Notes: A foul tip by Thole in the second inning flied up over the backstop and into the suite occupied by Blue Jays president Paul Beeston. He tossed the ball to the seats beneath his box. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

MJL456  
MJL456

hampionship.Mickelson, 46, played a big role in
to close within 74-72 with 50 seconds

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz