to perform in the music ensemble

#1 von MJL456 , 12.02.2019 07:09

NEW YORK -- Serena Williams called herself Wonder Woman and Superwoman in a joking reference to the hot pink sleeves she was sporting Saturday at the US Open. But she hardly needed superpowers to advance to the round of 16.I feel OK, Williams said after dispatching 47th-ranked Johanna Larsson 6-2, 6-1 in a crisp 60 minutes of third-round tennis. Obviously, I dont feel like Im Serena out there yet, but hopefully shell come around the second week.Quick, neat and uneventful was also good enough to surpass Martina Navratilova and tie Roger Federer for the all-time record of 307 Grand Slam match victories. Reminded of the feat on court afterward, Williams thrust her fist into the air.Actually, it was a really good feeling, I have to say, she said. I was really excited to do that, something I didnt even know about until Wimbledon. I was like, Oh, I have a new goal. That was pretty cool for me. Obviously, I want to keep that number going higher and see what can happen.Carrying a sore right shoulder into the tournament, Serena could benefit from low drama and minimal effort as she pursues the Open-era record of 23 Grand Slam titles, which would surpass Steffi Graf and leave her only one shy of Margaret Court for the all-time mark.At the 2015 Open, Williams played 19 three-set matches, losing only two, but one of those was a semifinal shocker against Roberta Vinci. Williams also played a three-setter against Bethanie Mattek-Sands in the third round last year.After that match, an exhausted Williams sighed, A wins a win, revealing more and more what an emotionally debilitating pursuit the chase for the Grand Slam was becoming.I dont know what to expect, she said wearily, Ive never been on this train. Its different. Its definitely different.The journey has been far less taxing so far this year.After the third round, Serena is 36-5 for 2016, but played only three matches (at the Olympics) between Wimbledon and the US Open, compared to 11 in three tournaments last year with a 51-2 record.For whatever its worth, with her Wimbledon title, Williams became just the second woman in tennis history, along with Navratilova, to win the third major of the year after losing in the final of the first two. Navratilova went on to win the Open.So far, so good, said Williams, pronouncing the shoulder definitely solid.Against Larsson, Williams had six aces and won 82 percent of her first-service points, reaching a high speed of 121 mph on her serve while averaging 105 (on her first serve), which has been typical this past week.What she does well and what you cant really see on the screen is that shes mixing her tempo, Larsson said of her groundstrokes. Its not only hard, hard like it might look like. Theres a lot of spin out there. I was impressed it was bouncing up so high. She did that really well. [And] she was placing [her serves] really good and also mixing up what she does on her serve.Williams next plays 52nd-ranked Yaroslava Shvedova; her first seeded opponent would then come in the quarterfinals against either No. 5 Simona Halep, against whom she is 7-1, or No. 11 Carla Suarez Navarro, whom she has beaten in all six tries.Williams will likely be wearing another color but the same sleeves in the outfit she helped design, but no telling if she will have to channel Wonder Woman.It definitely feels like a really powerful character that is strong but yet isnt afraid to be soft at the same time, she said. [Thats] me. http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Davis-Webb-Jersey/ . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Landon-Collins-Jersey/ . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Phil-Mcconkey-Jersey/ . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Dwayne-Harris-Jersey/ . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. http://www.giantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Carl-Banks-Jersey/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Birmingham, Ala. - SEC student jazz musicians will comprise a special music ensemble scheduled to perform at two events during the 2016 SEC Football Championship weekend in Atlanta. The group will provide entertainment on Friday evening at the annual SEC Legends Dinner and on Saturday at the SEC Pregame Hospitality Party.The performing arts are an important component of the educational experience, and we are delighted to provide a showcase for these students and the SEC universities they represent, said Greg Sankey, SEC Commissioner. The SEC is pleased to feature these talented young people, and this years student music ensemble is another example of our commitment to higher education.Students chosen to perform in the music ensemble were selected by their universities, and have demonstrated award-winning competence in a range of music genres. For the SEC Football Championship weekend, they will focus on standard jazz tunes.Being able to work and perform with other SEC uuniversity musicians is something I am proud to be part of, said Anice Nemati-Baghestani, a student at the University of Missouri who will play alto saxophone in the ensemble.ddddddddddddhe SEC student music ensemble is one of several collaborative efforts between SEC universities. For example, the SEC Faculty Travel Program focuses on collaboration in the areas of research and the arts, and the Library Sharing Agreement provides a mechanism for the exchange of digital music and other resources.The SEC student music ensemble is an amazing opportunity to artistically connect with our SEC universities, instructors and musicians, said Scott Wilson, Associate Professor of Jazz at the University of Florida and the ensemble director. The support of the SEC is truly innovative and we are thrilled to be part of the SEC Football Championship weekend. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

MJL456  
MJL456

The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans
he last two games -- a blowout of

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz