We havent seen one of those in a whil

#1 von MJL456 , 18.02.2019 14:36

CLEVELAND --?Indians?catcher Yan Gomes might play in October after all.Gomes, who broke his right hand during a minor league injury rehabilitation appearance late in the season, has progressed to the point that Cleveland might include him on its postseason roster when the Indians open the AL Division Series on Thursday against Boston.Hes remarkable, Indians manager Terry Francona said Tuesday before a workout at Progressive Field.It has been a challenging season for Gomes, who separated his right shoulder on July 17 and spent two months on the disabled list. During his final game with Double-A Akron before his expected return, he was struck by a pitch, and it appeared his season was over.However, Gomes worked himself back into the lineup last week. He homered Sunday in Kansas City, connecting on the first pitch he had seen in a major league game in 77 days.Francona did not reveal his roster Tuesday, but Gomes wore shin pads during infield drills and took batting practice. Francona praised Indians trainers Lonnie Soloff and Jim Mehalik for helping Gomes during his recovery.I dont think Yan thought there was a chance this was possible, Francona said. I know Lonnie kind of put it in his head. I think it took Yan maybe a night to kind of grasp that there was a chance. And then once he did, he was all-in, like you can see.When Gomes homered, the Indians dugout erupted in celebration. As he watched on television, Indians president Chris Antonetti was moved as well.It gave me chills, Antonetti said. To know how hard hes worked and all hes been through throughout the course of the season, for him to hit a home run -- not only for himself but the impact it had on the team -- you just couldnt write a better script. I was just so happy for him more than anything.The Indians, who overcame injuries while winning their first AL Central title since 2007, also have been encouraged by the improvement theyve seen in injured starter Danny Salazar, who has been sidelined with a strained forearm.The right-hander wont pitch against Boston, but Salazar might be back on the mound if the Indians advance. He has been increasing his velocity and pitch count in recent bullpen sessions, with the hope that he might be able to pitch in relief during the offseason. In the meantime, the team is sending him to their training facility in Goodyear, Arizona, where he can get more attention and treatment.Hell continue on a throwing program, try to build up his arm strength, feel completely healthy, and well see where it goes from there, Antonetti said. The first goal is just to make sure hes full healthy and at full strength. From there, well determine what the best role might be. But I would imagine it would be in shorter stints. Its not going to be in a starting spot.Danny obviously wants to pitch. They work throughout the course of the year and in spring training just to get to this point and have the opportunity to pitch or play in the postseason. Dannys just not to that point. I think if he could pitch, he would.The 26-year-old went 11-6 with a 3.87 ERA in 25 starts before he left a Sept. 9 outing after four innings. Adidas Superstar Wholesale China . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Cheap Adidas Superstar Free Shipping . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. http://www.cheapadidassuperstar.us/ . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Cheap Adidas Superstar Online . PETERSBURG, Fla. Buy Adidas Superstar Online . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. SEATTLE -- A string of big hits by the Blue Jays put a dent in the Mariners fading playoff hopes Tuesday night.Toronto erupted for eight runs in the fourth inning and J.A Happ became the majors second 20-game winner, lifting Toronto over Seattle 10-2.The Mariners have lost four of five and fell four games behind the Blue Jays for the top AL wild card and three games back of Baltimore for the second spot.Disappointing, no doubt, but it is what it is, you got to try to regroup and we got to get back to playing good baseball, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. We just arent playing good baseball. Its kind of been the story of our season. We are really, really good or we kind of have some ugly nights. We need to get back to doing what we do.Hisashi Iwakuma (16-12) was staked to a 2-0 lead, but gave up two-run homers to Russell Martin and Michael Saunders during the Blue Jays big inning. Iwakuma allowed a season-high six runs, five earned, lasting just 3 1/3 innings.I think overall when you look back at the game my stuff was there, I just couldnt put it together, Iwakuma said through a translator. That inning I fell behind, two of the home runs were 2-0 counts. Thats not good. You want to get strike one. But overall, in that situation, I kind of rushed my way through. I should have been more patient and that cost me.In the fourth, after catcher Chris Iannetta misplayed Jose Bautistas pop foul for an error, Bautista singled with one out and Martin followed with his 20th home run. Troy Tulowitzki singled and Saunders followed with his 24th homer to put Toronto up 4-2.Kevin Pillar doubled and Ezequiel Carrera chased Iwakuma with an RBI single. Devon Travis greeted reliever Nick Vincent with a bloop single down the right-field line, scoring Carrera from first to make it 6-2. Josh Donaldson walked and Edwin Encarnacion capped the inning with a two-run double.Donaldson opened the sixth with his 35th homer and Encarnacion added an eighth-inning solo homer, his 42nd, for the final two runs.Happ (20-4), who spent most of 2015 with Seattle, allowed two runs, six hits and a walk over five innings, striking out eight while winning for the 14th time in his last 15 decisions. Hes the first Toronto pitcher to rreach 20 wins since Roy Halladay in 2008.ddddddddddddMartin and Saunders became the first Canadian-born teammates in Major League history to hit at least 20 home runs in the same season.The Mariners took a 2-0 lead in the third when Robinson Cano lined a two-run triple off the knee of second baseman Travis that caromed all the way into the right-field corner.That one inning, they put a couple on the board, some tough plays, Toronto manager John Gibbons said. But what he (Happ) did, he held them in check, limited it to two and then our offense took over, which was good to see. We havent seen one of those in a while.Prior to stumbling on the current homestand, the Mariners had won eight straight to charge back into the wild-card race.I dont think anyone three weeks ago thought this was going to be easy, Servais said. But all of a sudden we made it interesting. Unfortunately, we just didnt carry the momentum over here on the homestand. Weve got another game tomorrow, we need to get after it.TRAINING ROOMMariners: RHP Taijuan Walker had no issues after taking a line drive off his pitching arm in the first inning on Monday night. He feels fine. Theres nothing there, Servais said.MARINERS AFFILIATE MOVESSeattle will have two new minor league affiliates in 2017. The Mariners announced a two-year agreement with the Arkansas Travelers in the Double-A Texas League and a four-year deal with the Modesto Nuts in the Class A California League. Arkansas replaces Jackson, which won the Southern League title. Modesto replaces Bakersfield, which was contracted from the California League.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP Aaron Sanchez (13-2, 3.17 ERA) gets the start in the afternoon series finale at Safeco Field. Sanchez is 2-1 with a 4.65 ERA and four no decisions in his last seven starts. He lasted just 3 2/3 innings in his last start, giving up six runs on five hits.Mariners: RHP Felix Hernandez (11-6, 3.79) allowed six runs -- five earned -- and eight hits in 4 1/3 innings in his last start, a 6-0 loss vs. Houston. He is 7-2 in 12 starts since coming off the DL (right calf strain) on July 20. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

MJL456  
MJL456

Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals
imbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his bus

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz