There won’t be a universal DH in Major League Baseball for at leas

#1 von panxing18 , 14.05.2019 02:29

t another season. But is it something that baseball needs to have?"The concept of a universal designated hitter in Major League Baseball has been a popular topic of discussion for as long l can remember. I’ve heard it brought up off and on over my many years as a baseball fan. With the recent announcement that the DH won’t be added to the National League until at least 2022 http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey , and the debate that came before it the question once again arose in my mind: is it important that both leagues use it?Once again, I came back to the same answer I’ve always had, and that is that it doesn’t really matter. If the National League starts using the designated hitter, finally elevating itself to the same level of offense as the American League, then so be it. If MLB decides to remain a lopsided league, with half of its teams using the DH and the other half not using it, then so be it with that as well. I won’t lose any sleep over it regardless. Logically, it would make sense to use a universal DH. It would make interleague games, not to mention the World Series, much less complicated. No team would have to adjust its game plan when playing in a city that represents the opposite league. All teams would be on an even playing field. At the same time, I can understand why National League enthusiasts are so heavily against using the DH. When a pitcher is required to be in the lineup, it evokes a more strategic style of play. If you’re an old-school baseball fan, you probably prefer that style. It’s only natural.If MLB wants to keep the tradition of old-school baseball alive in the National League http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey , it’s all good with me. If it wants to modernize the NL and focus on offense over strategy by adding the DH, that works for me too. Some fans might have a serious preference in this debate. I’m not one of those fans.To sum up, baseball doesn’t necessarily need a universal DH. But it looks like, in a few more years, we’re going to be headed that way. National League fans will hate it, but I’ll just be over here shrugging my shoulders and rooting for more home runs. Pittsburgh Pirates (8-6, second in the NL Central) vs. Detroit Tigers (8-7, third in the NL Central)Detroit; Tuesday, 6 p.m. EDTPITCHING PROBABLES: Pirates: Joe Musgrove (1-1, 0.00 ERA, 0.44 WHIP, 9 strikeouts) Tigers: Matthew Boyd (1-1, 2.60 ERA Willie McCovey Jersey , 1.15 WHIP, 29 strikeouts)LINE: Pirates favored by 1 1/2 runs; over/under is 8 runsBOTTOM LINE: Detroit enters the game as losers of their last three games.The Tigers are 4-4 against opponents from the AL Central. Detroit has hit seven home runs this season, last in the majors. Christin Stewart leads them with three while slugging .489.The Pirates have gone 6-5 against division opponents. Pittsburgh has a collective .247 this season, led by Melky Cabrera with an average of .405. This is the first meeting of the season for these two teams.TOP PERFORMERS: Stewart leads the Tigers with seven extra base hits and is batting .191. Gordon Beckham is 3-for-17 with a double, two home runs and three RBIs over the last 10 games for Detroit.Josh Bell leads the Pirates with nine extra base hits and has 12 RBIs. Cabrera has 13 hits and is batting .448 over the last 10 games for Pittsburgh.LAST 10 GAMES: Tigers: 6-4, .231 batting average, 3.17 ERA, outscored by one runPirates: 7-3, .259 batting average, 2.87 ERA, outscored opponents by two runsTigers Injuries: Matt Moore: 10-day IL (knee), Michael Fulmer: 60-day IL (elbow), Nicholas Castellanos: day-to-day (toe) Mel Ott Jersey , Jordy Mercer: 10-day IL (right quad spasm), Josh Harrison: day-to-day (shoulder).Pirates Injuries: Edgar Santana: 60-day IL (elbow), Dovydas Neverauskas: 10-day IL (oblique), Chad Kuhl: 60-day IL (elbow), Kyle Crick: 10-day IL (triceps), Gregory Polanco: 10-day IL (shoulder), Corey Dickerson: 10-day IL (shoulder), Lonnie Chisenhall: 10-day IL (finger), Jose Osuna: 10-day IL (neck), Kevin Newman: 10-day IL (finger), Elias Diaz: 10-day IL (illness).

panxing18  
panxing18

Minnesota Twins (8-5, first in the AL Central)Minneapolis; Tuesday,
James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz