.“It gives you a little excitement, mayb

#1 von panxing18 , 24.07.2019 04:05

SCOTTSDALE http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , Ariz. (AP) — Trevor Story saw the Colorado Rockies‘ lineup and thought ahead to the regular seasone a little preview,” the All-Star shortstop said after hitting a home run and getting a base hit in three at-bats Wednesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks.“I think we’re getting there, we feel like we’re heading in the right direction,” he said.Story is coming off the best of his three big-league seasons after hitting 37 homers and stealing 27 bases in 2018. He made his first All-Star appearance and homered in that game as well.He was also instrumental in helping the Rockies to the wild card and a berth in the National League Division Series, their first since 2009.For now, manager Bud Black has moved Nolan Arenado to the No. 2 spot in the batting order, behind Charlie Blackmon. Free-agent addition Daniel Murphy slots in between Arenado and Story, with outfielders David Dahl and Ian Desmond behind the shortstop.With Kyle Freeland also on the mound and taking his turn at the plate Wednesday, it could be the lineup that takes the field in the opener March 28 at Miami. New second baseman Ryan McMahon and veteran catcher Chris Iannetta also started.If Story — fully healthy after right elbow pain threatened to sideline him late last season — can duplicate his 2018 success, the Rockies may be even more dangerous than last season’s 91-72 squad.“Trevor’s doing well. He’s locked in,” manager Bud Black said. “He’s in a good spot.”For the first time, Story is coming into a season with health and confidence. His strong 2016 rookie year ended early with a right thumb injury.“That experience helps me a lot,” Story said of last season. “At this point it’s about how I’m attacking pitchers, and realizing how they’re attacking me, and creating a good plan.”Story struggled at the plate in 2017 George Springer Jersey , striking out an NL-high 191 times and batting just .239.“I want to strike out less,” said Story, who still struck out 162 times a year ago.“There’s always places to get better in this game,” he said. “Make more adjustments and I want to keep getting better on defense.”The Diamondbacks’ Nick Ahmed won the Gold Glove for NL shortstops last year. But with Arenado and his six awards to Story’s immediate right, he doesn’t have to look far to see the possibilities.“It’s inspiring for sure. I see the work those guys have put in and it’s something I want to win,” Story said. The O’s look to earn their first win of the season. Nate Karns takes the mound for the good guys against James Paxton and the Yankees."Things did not go so well for the Orioles on opening day, but that was to be expected. After all, the Yankees won 100 games last season and may have gotten even better over the winter. The Orioles...well, they did none of those things.There will be less pomp and circumstance for game two of the 2019 season, but we do get the chance to learn quite a few bits of information about the O’s roster and how manager Brandon Hyde plans to deploy his players going forward.First of all, the guys are facing one of the better left-handed pitchers in the game, James Paxton. Managers get a little jittery when taking on elite southpaws. We do not know if that is what has happened here with Hyde, but the lineup has some noticeable differences from the one he trotted out on Thursday.Cedric Mullins, who has a history of struggles against lefties, has been dropped. Joining him on the pine is Chris Davis. Benching Davis needs no justification, but it’s still interesting to see. As far as players that are actually starting Evan Gattis Jersey , Drew Jackson gets the nod in centerfield despite the presence of Joey Rickard, who has major league experience in center. It would seem Hyde prefers Jackson’s defense, or maybe he just wants to get another look at the Rule 5 pick.Defensively, this should be as solid of a lineup as the O’s put forth. Trey Mancini has moved back to his natural position, first base, while the abilities of the outfield remain to be seen with Jackson a newbie in center and Dwight Smith Jr. a relatively inexperienced big leaguer.On the mound is the team’s lone major league free agent signing, Nate Karns. He is expected to serve in an “opener” role today as injuries prevented the righty from stretching out enough to be a traditional starter. Of course, if things go well enough, Karns could go a bit longer. Either way, expect to see the season debuts of a few more bullpen arms that didn’t throw on Thursday.Orioles lineupJonathan Villar, 2BDwight Smith Jr., LFTrey Mancini, 1BRenato Nez, DHJoey Rickard, RFRio Ruiz, 3BDrew Jackson http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , CFJesus Sucre, CRichie Martin, SSRHP Nate KarnsYankees lineupBrett Gardner, CFAaron Judge, RFGiancarlo Stanton, LFLuke Voit, 1BMiguel Andujar, DHGary Sanchez, CGleyber Torrres, 2BTroy Tulowitzki, SSDJ Lemahieu, 3BLHP James Paxton

panxing18  
panxing18

Oakland Athletics outfielder Stephen Piscotty will be
Auparavant les fonctions de la gamme F-Lite d’Inov-8

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz