So you want proof the NFL is an aerial circus?

#1 von zhangzk , 31.07.2019 09:01

NASHVILLE http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-darius-slayton-jersey , Tenn. (AP) — Try the second round of the draft.And some of the third.Of Friday night’s first 32 picks, 11 were defensive backs charged with holding down pass catchers, of which seven were chosen. Plus another seven offensive linemen charged with protecting the guys who throw the ball.Only one of those, Drew Lock of Missouri, was taken in Round 2, going to Denver 42nd overall after the Broncos traded up with Cincinnati to get Lock. Some projections had him going in the opening round.“Certainly. It certainly does,” Lock said when asked about being even more motivated to prove himself now that he slipped so far; the previous quarterback selected was Dwayne Haskins at 15th.“I know the kind of player I am. I know the kind of player I’m going to be. This adds a little chip to the shoulder bigger than the one that’s already on there.”Many players might have that outlook, thinking they belonged in the opening round. Such as tackle Jawaan Taylor of Florida and guard Cody Ford of Oklahoma, who were on hand for the draft and had to wait much longer than other prospects.“It was a little devastating,” Taylor said of being ignored Thursday before the Jaguars grabbed him. “I just have so much confidence in myself and I have high expectations for myself. I feel like I have something to prove … so I’m just looking forward to seeing what happens next.”As is Ford, who now belongs to Buffalo, which like Jacksonville traded up for the blocker.“I came back tonight because last night was a terrible disappointment,” Ford explained. I’ve worked so hard to walk across that stage, I didn’t want to leave and regret not being able to do that opportunity.”The defensive big guys dominated the opening round Quinnen Williams Jersey , then there was much more of a mix on Friday. Again, the SEC had the most picks with 13 in the second round, another six in the third, on top of the nine the previous night.“In the SEC, I had 35 career starts,” Taylor said. “I left a year early, but I feel like I was ready and prepared to play in the NFL because I played against a lot of great competition. Definitely playing at Florida, playing in such a great conference, prepared me for this role.”The second round began with cornerbacks Byron Murphy of Washington and Rock Ya-Sin of Temple going to Arizona and Indianapolis respectively.A bit later, that run continued with Central Michigan’s Sean Bunting, Clemson’s Trayvon Mullen, Vanderbilt’s JoeJuan Williams, LSU’s Greedy Williams — at one point considered the top defensive back in this crop — and Utah safety Marquise Blair.It didn’t subside until safety Juan Thornhill of Virginia went to the Chiefs on the penultimate selection in the second round.One spot later, Seattle moved up for Mississippi WR DK Metcalf http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jachai-polite-jersey , who was rated by some the best wideout in this group.Arizona finally pulled off the trade of QB Josh Rosen, expendable because the Cardinals took Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray to start proceedings on Thursday night. Miami sent the 62nd overall spot to the desert for Rosen, a first-rounder a year ago.The Cardinals opted for UMass receiver Andy Isabella with that pick.Other than Lock, the only quarterback chosen Friday was West Virginia’s highly productive Will Grier to Carolina at No. 100, two spots from the end of the night.Teams began branching out in the third round — the final four rounds will take place Saturday — with running backs getting some attention. But not too many: four, making for a measly six overall. Alabama’s Josh Jacobs went in the opening round, and teammate Damien Harris did so in the third. Penn State’s Miles Sanders was the only RB drafted in Round 2, by Philadelphia.Still available are North Carolina State quarterback Ryan Finley, and All-Americans tackle Mitch Hyatt of Clemson, guards Beau Benzschawel of Wisconsin and Bunchy Stallings of Kentucky, linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven of Washington, and safety Deionte Thompson of Alabama. CHICAGO (AP) — Russell Wilson looked to his left and his right. He looked for help in the middle of the field. He looked short and he looked for deep balls.No one was open.It was that kind of Monday night for the Seattle Seahawks.Wilson was surrounded for most of Seattle’s 24-17 loss to the Chicago Bears, and he got very little help from his teammates until the fourth quarter. He was sacked six times for the second straight week, including five in the first half Chuma Edoga Jersey , and made a game-sealing mistake in the final period.“We’re still a work in progress,” coach Pete Carroll said. “You can see how hard our guys played, see how they fought throughout all the way to the last seconds on the clock.”Seattle (0-2) played without guard D.J. Fluker and receiver Doug Baldwin due to injuries, and Baldwin’s absence was particularly noticeable. Tyler Lockett was the Seahawks’ top receiver with five catches for 60 yards, but he got most of his numbers in the fourth. Brandon Marshall struggled to get open against one of his former teams.“I can always do better,” Marshall said. “There’s some things I definitely have to clean up. Just got to be sharper in everything that I do. We got to find a way to make plays.”The rushing attack also was shut down by Chicago’s refurbished defense, finishing with 74 yards on 22 carries. Seattle went almost 24 minutes of game time between rushing plays at one point.Wilson began the fourth quarter with just 69 yards on 9-for-20 passing, but he tried to rally the Seahawks down the stretch.“The fourth quarter showed us who we are and who we can be,” Wilson said. “We just got to get a better start and try to figure out how to catch that fire that we had in the fourth quarter, let’s put it in the first, second, third if we can do that, which I don’t think we’re far off by any means.”The four-time Pro Bowler found Lockett for 20 yards and tight end Nathan Vannett for 11 to move Seattle deep into Chicago territory. He then threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Lockett to trim the Bears’ lead to 17-10 with 10:13 left.Chicago (1-1) went three and out on the ensuing drive and punted the ball right back to Seattle. But Wilson’s pass intended for Rashaad Penny near midfield was picked off by Prince Amukamara, who returned his first interception since 2015 for his first career touchdown with 6:37 remaining.“You can’t even remember the last time Russ did that http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-trevon-wesco-jersey ,” Carroll said.Wilson also lost a fumble on Seattle’s next drive. He passed to Will Dissly for a 2-yard touchdown with 14 seconds to go, but the Seahawks’ onside kick was unsuccessful and the Bears ran out the clock.The lackluster showing for Seattle’s offense wasted a solid performance for its defense, led by two second-quarter interceptions for Shaquill Griffin. The second-year cornerback made a nice play on an underthrown ball by Mitchell Trubisky, and then had a diving grab on a tipped ball.Mychal Kendricks had one of Seattle’s two sacks in his first game since he signed with the Seahawks on Friday. Kendricks pleaded guilty last week to insider trading charges, but he isn’t expected to be sentenced in the case until January and the NFL has yet to impose any discipline.“Just having this opportunity to play it means so much more to me,” said Kendricks, who was released by Cleveland on Aug. 29 after the charges were filed. “That being said, I plan on doing the most with it.”It just wasn’t enough, not with the Seahawks’ ineffective offense.Wilson was 22 for 36 for 226 yards. Penny was the top rusher with 10 carries for 30 yards as Seattle possessed the ball for just 25 1/2 minutes.“The fighter mentality in me is always going to be there so you can’t play scared,” Wilson said. “You got to be able to go for it. I think we were still able to do that. We had a lot of fourth-quarter comebacks and I believe those are going to happen.”

zhangzk  
zhangzk

The Pittsburgh Steelers‘ push for a playoff berth
For the last quarter-century has had a two-tiered system

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz