Carson Wentz’s back injury will sideline him for

#1 von zhangzk , 06.09.2019 05:12

Sunday’s game at the Los Angeles Rams.With the Eagles’ No. 1 quarterback out Deandre Baker Jersey , Nick Foles gets another opportunity to rescue the team he led to a Super Bowl victory last season.The Eagles moved Wentz from doubtful to out on the injury list Saturday.Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Friday that Wentz does not require surgery for a stress fracture in his back and the injury could take up to three months to heal. But Pederson wouldn’t rule him out for the rest of this season. The Eagles (6-7) are still in the chase for a playoff spot.There’s no lack of confidence in Foles among the Eagles, of course.“He’s the guy and it’s my job to create as much separation for him or if he gives me an opportunity and I am covered, go get it,” wide receiver Nelson Agholor said after Friday’s practice.Foles hasn’t taken a snap in a game since Week 2. He took over in Week 14 last season after Wentz tore two ligaments in his left knee during a comeback win on the road against the Rams. Foles led Philadelphia to its first NFL title since 1960 and started the first two games this season, going 1-1.“Nick is a Super Bowl MVP quarterback for a reason and we’ve got a ton of confidence that he’s going to give it his all like he always does,” said tight end Zach Ertz, who caught the winning touchdown pass from Foles in Philadelphia’s 41-33 win over New England in February.Foles is 21-12 as a starter, including playoffs http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/oshane-ximines-jersey , in two stints with Philadelphia. He has completed 65.9 percent of his passes for 451 yards, one TD and one interception this season. He was outstanding last postseason, completing 72.6 percent of his passes for 971 yards, six TDs, one pick and also had a TD catch.Pederson is optimistic about Wentz’s recovery.“The fact that he doesn’t need surgery on this is the best news you could possibly have on anybody that has a stress fracture or stress injury,” Pederson said Friday.The team isn’t certain when Wentz got hurt and Pederson said the injury developed over time. A test on Tuesday revealed his condition.“He’s one of the toughest dudes I know, but of course it’s going to affect him,” wide receiver Jordan Matthews said after Thursday’s practice. “You have to be able to twist Julian Love Jersey , you have to be able to turn. Carson is probably the best quarterback also throwing off the run, so that affects your running, too. He’s wearing a knee brace. This guy is playing through a lot.” The Cowboys have high expectations, but they concede they need Ezekiel Elliott to get where they want to go. They held their first training camp walk-through Saturday without Elliott, who remains away from camp while seeking a long-term deal. Darius Jackson took the majority of first-team reps in Elliott’s place.“He’s a huge part of this football team,” Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said of Elliott. “He has been since day one, minute one. I’ve had a great relationship with Zeke over the years. He’s a smart football player, a great guy http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/darius-slayton-jersey , the charisma that he brings for his football team.“These things are tricky. It’s really hard. I’ve seen it over the course of my career. I thought what Jerry [Jones] said and Stephen [Jones] and how they approach it. These things happen. You go through them and hope it gets worked out soon. He’s certainly a guy we’re counting a lot on when he gets here.”Elliott has led the league in rushing two of his first three seasons. Only a six-game suspension in 2017 kept him from getting a chance to make it three for three.Elliott, 24, has averaged 101.2 yards per game in his career.Training camp goes on without him, though.“Hey, you know Zeke’s been a really good player for us for a long time, and I’m just concentrating on the guys here and getting this team better,” running backs coach Gary Brown said. “I can’t really control things I can’t control, so I’m just going to worry about the guys that are here and get them better.”That’s the philosophy the Cowboys have taken — next-man-up — pointing out that Elliott’s absence is no different than an injury or an illness. They also believe Elliott will take his place in the backfield before the season opener.The Cowboys have made what they believe is a “solid” offer and reportedly are waiting for Elliott’s representation to counter. DeMarcus Lawrence Quinnen Williams Jersey , who got a new deal this offseason, said he is staying out of “another man’s business” in response to a question about Elliott. But Witten said his experience with the Cowboys is they will work it out with Elliott.“I believe eventually he’ll get here,” Witten said. “I don’t worry about that from that standpoint. Zeke loves playing. He loves being around the guys. He’s like a little kid the way he kind of approaches and has fun. He wants to be out here. It’s part of these things that work out. It’s not easy when you go through that. Talk to me in a month I guess if that was an issue if he wasn’t there. Right now, I know he’s working through that. We’d love to see him out here, but we’ll see how it plays out.”

zhangzk  
zhangzk

Ez kifejezetten a hölgyek számára készült
The Rams (11-3) are the NFL West champions again

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz