The Pittsburgh Steelers will head to Oakland without

#1 von zhangzk , 24.09.2019 03:48

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Conner is dealing with a sprained left ankle and will not play when the AFC North leaders take on the last-place Raiders.Conner Dwayne Haskins Jersey , who is second in the NFL in rushing touchdowns (12) and fifth in yards rushing (909), suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of a 33-30 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. The team initially believed Conner was dealing with a leg contusion, but said the injury turned out to be more serious than originally thought.The Steelers (7-4-1) will turn to Stevan Ridley and rookie Jaylen Samuels when they face the Raiders. Ridley, an eight-year veteran, has 56 yards on 18 carries this season. Samuels, a fifth-round pick, has seen his playing time increase of late as the primary option of relieving Conner.Samuels has 12 carries for 31 yards this season and has proven to be a capable receiver out of the backfield. Samuels has seven receptions for 54 yards, including a game-tying 10-yard catch-and-run late in the fourth quarter against the Chargers shortly after Conner went down.“We’ve got a great deal of confidence in Ridley, got a great deal of confidence in Jaylen, particularly in Jaylen, who has been on the rise last couple weeks http://www.ravenscheapstores.com/marquise-brown-jersey-cheap ,” Tomlin said.Tomlin said the team is planning on taking a committee approach to the running game while Conner is out, but didn’t rule out turning to one back. Pittsburgh addressed the depth issue presented by Conner’s injury by promoting Trey Edmunds from the practice squad. Edmunds’ younger brother, Terrell, is a rookie safety for Pittsburgh. Tomlin expected Trey Edmunds to be available for work on special teams.The Steelers placed wide receiver Justin Hunter on injured reserve after Hunter injured his shoulder diving for an overthrown pass by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger against the Chargers.The injury will give rookie James Washington a chance at moving back up the depth chart. The Steelers sat the second-round pick, who has eight receptions for 77 yards and has struggled with what Tomlin likes to call “detail work,” against Los Angeles in favor of Hunter.“Sometimes you get knocked down,” Tomlin said. “You’ve got to get in the lab and work. A lot of times that’s done in obscurity. There’s not a lot of time on the shelf for James, it’ll be exciting to watch him get back on this week and take advantage of someone else’s misfortune.”Pittsburgh does not plan to alter its travel itinerary heading to Oakland (2-10), where the Steelers have not won since 1995. The team will fly out on Saturday as usual. Though Tomlin acknowledged Pittsburgh’s issues when heading west — the Steelers are winless in their past three trips to Oakland, for example — he doesn’t believe his team’s issues in the Pacific time zone have anything to do with logistics.“We could spend a lot of time talking about history,” Tomlin said. “My concern is this group Jaylon Ferguson Jersey , this week.”NOTES: WR Ryan Switzer is in the concussion protocol but Tomlin is optimistic Switzer will be available against the Raiders. … RT Marcus Gilbert (knee) is “working his way back” according to Tomlin. Gilbert hasn’t played since getting hurt in Cincinnati on Oct. 14. … Long snapper Kam Canady is dealing with a sprained knee. … FB Roosevelt Nix (shoulder) and LB Anthony Chickillo (ankle) were also banged up against the Chargers but could play in Oakland. ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — As far as Detroit general manager Bob Quinn is concerned, the Lions needed to pounce once they found a linebacker they liked.“Linebackers that play in this defense, that are really very, very good natural fits, there’s only a couple every year,” Quinn said. “You wait a year, you don’t get one, you might not get him next year, you might not get him the year after.”The Lions drafted Hawaii linebacker Jahlani Tavai in the second round of the NFL draft Friday night, then traded up to pick Boston College defensive back Will Harris in the third. Tavai is second on Hawaii’s career list in tackles and was on preseason watch lists last year for the Bronko Nagurski and Butkus awards. He averaged 10.2 tackles a game Quinnen Williams Jersey , but a shoulder injury cut his 2018 season short, and he played in only eight games.“Shoulder’s doing great,” Tavai said. “I’m just getting excited to be able to get into pads again.”In 2017, he started all 12 games at middle linebacker and ranked 10th nationally in tackles.Detroit took the 250-pound Tavai with the 43rd pick — the highest a Hawaii player has been drafted since Tennessee took defensive end Travis LaBoy at No. 42 in 2004.An NFL.com analyst projected Tavai to go in the fourth or fifth round , and Detroit’s pick in the first half of the second round was a bit of a surprise. The Lions took tight end T.J. Hockenson in the first round Thursday night.Quinn said the Lions had been targeting Tavai since as early as October.“We like thick, built linebackers,” Quinn said. “Really thick guys that can kind of take on blocks, but then when they play on the edge, they have enough playing strength and enough arm length to set the edge.”In addition to being a football standout, Tavai has also been an impressive rugby player and was named to an Under-18 U.S. national team.“Big thing with rugby, especially in sevens http://www.cowboyscheapauthenticstore.com/trysten-hill-jersey-cheap , is learning how to make a better tackle in the open field,” Tavai said. “So that was one thing that really helped me in football.”The last time the Lions took a linebacker in the draft was 2017, when they selected Jarrad Davis in the first round and Jalen Reeves-Maybin in the fourth.The Lions took Harris with the 81st pick, which they acquired from Minnesota in exchange for a third-rounder and a sixth-rounder. A four-year player at Boston College, Harris was a starter since late in his freshman season and earned third-team All-ACC honors as a senior.Quinn used to work for the New England Patriots, and he said he has plenty of contacts on the staff at Boston College, where Harris played.“I know a bunch of staff members just for, honestly, probably 15 or 20 years. You go there, and Boston College had a pretty good list of prospects this year,” Quinn said. “Really Jachai Polite Jersey , the first guy that a lot of guys mentioned to me was (Harris).”Lions defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni was a defensive line coach at Boston College for two seasons before joining the Lions last year.Harris’ father Will, a receiver at Mississippi State, was drafted by Buffalo in the seventh round in 1993.“He’s been there every step of the way. He’s been my coach growing up, my trainer, my mentor,” Harris said. “It meant the world for me for him to be here and see our culmination of work. … This is the best day of my life.”

zhangzk  
zhangzk

Former Browns offensive line coach and 2018 star
The Panthers running back continues make history a

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz