Thirty-three years to the day after the Redskins lost

#1 von zhangzk , 24.09.2019 08:27

Joe Theismann to a broken leg Khari Willis Jersey , Alex Smith’s season ended on an eerily similar injury in Washington’s 23-21 loss to the Houston Texans on Sunday.Smith broke his right tibia and fibula on a sack by Kareem Jackson midway through the third quarter and will require surgery. The veteran quarterback’s leg turned the wrong way, much the way Theismann’s did when he was sacked by Lawrence Taylor on a Monday night game in 1985. Theismann’s injury ended his career.“I know it was very painful for him and heartbreaking for a lot of people,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. “He’s a great guy and hard worker and one of the key leaders on this football team. These things happen in pro football, unfortunately. Just hate to see them happen with a guy like Alex.”Theismann attended the game and said he turned away after Smith went down.“It brought back vivid memories,” Theismann said.Smith wasn’t the only quarterback hurt during Sunday’s early games. The Titans lost quarterback Marcus Mariota in the final minute of the first half of their blowout loss to the Colts when he reinjured his right elbow.The Texans lost both of their starting guards against Washington — Zach Fulton to a shoulder injury on the first drive and Senio Kelemete to an ankle injury in the second quarter. For the Redskins, defensive lineman Jonathan Allen was evaluated for a concussion but returned.The Detroit Lions also suffered a blow on offense when rookie running back Kerryon Johnson hurt his left knee against the Carolina Panthers. He left in the third quarter and didn’t return after running for 87 yards on 15 carries.Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered an apparent ankle injury against the Lions. He left briefly in the third quarter but returned.Ravens offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley, who’s had ankle issues lately Josh Allen Jersey , limped off the field twice against the Bengals.In the Giants‘ win over the Buccaneers, New York defensive lineman Kerry Wynn left in the second half with a concussion. Tampa Bay tight end O.J. Howard left in the fourth quarter with an ankle injury.Jaguars right guard A.J. Cann injured a hamstring in Jacksonville’s loss to the Steelers.7<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:Texans make it seven straight with 23-21 win over RedskinsAP | © The Associated Press. All rights reserved In the not-so-subtle disagreement between Packers coach Matt LaFleur and Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers regarding joint practices, Rodgers is the winner. As expected.After Thursday’s preseason game against the Texans, LaFleur was asked to address Rodgers’ pointed criticism of joint practices generally and, specifically, the inclusion of close-to-live kickoff drills.After joking that he and Rodgers aren’t on speaking terms after Rodgers spoke publicly about something that should have been handled privately, LaFleur told reporters http://www.jaguarsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jawaan-taylor-jersey , “You know what? There’s a lot of things that a lot of players don’t like about training camp.”And then LaFleur basically conceded that Rodgers has a point.“From his perspective, I can understand where he’s coming from in some regard because it’s not like they’re playing, they run about four different coverages, so it’s not overly complicated,” LaFleur said. “It’s not like [Packers defensive coordinator Mike] Pettine throwing everything at you. So, I get it from his perspective. But at the same time, there’s 10 other guys on the field with him on each play Josh Oliver Jersey , and it was great for us, especially when you talk about our run game getting some different looks to go against. I always respect his opinion, just like I do all our players. But I still think it was beneficial for us.”And then LaFleur basically conceded that, as to the strong criticism of kickoff drills during the joint practice, Rodgers was dead-on balls accurate.“The one thing that I will comment on that I thought that he was dead right on was when you look at the kickoff, they ramped up their intensity level and we didn’t match it,” LaFleur said. “It looked a little http://www.jaguarsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-quincy-williams-ii-jersey , we got it taken to us a little bit. That’s something moving forward I probably wouldn’t do again is those full covered kickoff drills.”All that said, LaFleur should have had to say none of that publicly. Because Rodgers shouldn’t have publicly criticized the coach’s decision to conduct joint practices or the manner in which the joint practices were conducted.It may be hard, given the intensely tribal nature of sports, for some fans to process this observation as anything but an attack on Aaron Rodgers, but it’s criticism that is warranted and deserved. If Rodgers or any other quarterback has a concern about any decision(s) that his coach has made, the best way to handle it is to handle it privately. Any coach of any team at any level would agree with that.Really, any manager of any business of any kind in any location would agree with that. Concerns about decisions made by the manager shouldn’t be aired out publicly Ryquell Armstead Jersey , and any manager who gets called out publicly by one of the employees he manages will, if being candid, admit to being frustrated.

zhangzk  
zhangzk

Zynga Poker has partnered with actor Brad Garrett for a ‘Celebrity Home Game’ sweepstakes event
Brady will gladly trade stats for championships.

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz