onday. He hopes to rejoin the Rangers after the All-St

#1 von riluowanying123 , 12.07.2018 16:14

CHICAGO - In the hours before a must-have Game 4 at the Garden in Boston, a struggling Jonathan Toews was approached in conversation at the team hotel by his senior teammate, 28-year-old Brent Seabrook. "I answered it wrong one time because he just asked me What are you thinking about? and I was like Nothing, what are you thinking about?" Toews recalled of a discussion which would later prove significant. "And he looked at me and I realized what he wanted me to say and I snapped back and I said Scoring goals. And he was like There you go." Tied for the team lead with 23 goals during the regular season, Toews would go on to do just that Wednesday night, erasing a frustrating 10-game spell with just his second goal of the playoffs, the second marker of a wild 6-5 overtime victory. The moment uplifted not only the Chicago captain, but his teammates. They knew the weight of the burden he carried on those 25-year-old shoulders and in spite of the many intangibles he continued to bring, there was something about scoring they knew would ease the increasing pressure and most of all, help the team out from a growing offensive rut. And so it was that Seabrook, who would later blast his second overtime winner of the playoffs, would so bluntly express to Toews what needed to happen. "To be completely honest I was sick and tired hearing about everything that Johnnys doing right," Seabrook declared with refreshing honesty. "Hes a great player; hes one of the best in the league. [But] I just told him that hes got to stop thinking about that too. Hes got to stop thinking about everything that hes doing right and stop worrying about not scoring goals. "Hes got to score goals for us," the veteran defender continued. "It wasnt about the little things that he does. It wasnt about his leadership that he brings. I just thought that maybe he needed to start thinking about scoring goals." Harassed by the forces of Milan Lucic as he drove wide to the net in the second frame of Game 4, Toews flung the puck threw the blue paint and off the side wall where it caromed to the tape of Michal Rozsival at the right point. Instinctively, Toews would plant himself to the left of Tuukka Rask, getting just a piece of a blast that would beat the Bruins netminder, one of an improbable six to do so. "It doesnt make much sense when you say that a puck going off your stick from the point…can liberate you as a player and help you play the rest of the game with less pressure," he said, "but it does. Thats the difference it makes for you. I think anyone will tell you the same thing." When he lifted the Conn Smythe Trophy in 2010, Toews had tallied seven goals and an impressive 22 assists en route to a long-awaited Cup. Entering Game 4 of the Final in 2013, hed amassed just the single marker along with eight helpers. The stiff defensive work opposite the once scorching David Krejci trio couldnt be discounted, nor could the tireless efforts on the draw or killing penalties or even the unique traits that define him as a leader. He knew he needed to score. "You play hard, you try and do the little things right, but at a certain point its not enough," Toews offered of the budding pressure to score. "Youre considered an offensive player, a key player on your team; youve got to find a way to do something." The difference, he detailed, is imbued in confidence and a subsequent shift in the split-second decision-making process. "It just comes down to having that killer instinct when youre around the net," he continued with hearty insight, "to take the puck to the net or hang onto it that extra second instead of just making a safe play and cycling it down behind their net … Its just having that confidence that Hey you can go out there, youve got the puck, dont be afraid, take a chance, throw it on net or take it to the net…" Known as one of the more vocal Hawks, for his fiery preparations before and in the midst of games, Seabrook was trying to stoke that "confidence" from his beleaguered captain, drive it forth from the depths of the dry spell. "He wasnt trying to get on me I dont think; he was definitely just trying to spark me a little bit," said Toews, rooming with Seabrook as a rookie in 2007-2008. "Hes always kind of looked after me that way. He cares about his teammates and he wants guys to have success. And just as much or more than anybody he wants to win this thing. He did what he had to do." Without a goal in the first nine games of the postseason this spring, Toews finally broke under such weight in Game 4 of the Hawks second round series with Detroit. He was hauled off to the box on three consecutive shifts in the second frame, the frustration bubbling over as Chicago went down 3-1 before rallying to top the Wings in seven games. Faced with similar circumstance in Game 4 of the Finals - down 2-1 with the Bruins stifling the Hawks defensively - Toews did not buckle. Instead, he found a spark and made an impact. And with a best-of-three looming and the Cup on the line, Chicago has its leader feeling good once more. "He knows what winnings all about," said Chicago coach Joel Quenneville, "and thats his focus and thats his motivation." Cheap Cleveland Browns Jersesys .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Discount Browns Jersesys . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. http://www.brownsjerseyscheap.com/cheap-austin-corbett-jersey/ . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Cleveland Browns Jerseys . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. Browns Jersesys Outlet . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Cole Hamels gets to go home for the All-Star Game, a much-deserved honor for the Texas Rangers left-hander despite his struggles in consecutive games against the Minnesota Twins.Hamels matched a career high with six walks while throwing 109 pitches in 4 1/3 innings, but Rougned Odor and Elvis Andrus had RBI triples as the Rangers rallied for a 6-5 victory Friday night.When you walk the amount of guys that I walked today, its nothing that I take very lightly, its something thats very frustrating, said Hamels, who was trailing when he left the game but had a no-decision. I just wasnt really getting ahead of hitters early and making them uncomfortable.Still, Hamels and center fielder Ian Desmond will represent the Rangers in the All-Star Game in San Diego next week.Hamels, who lost with just four innings of work last Sunday at Minnesota, isnt the only Texas starter to struggle lately. The Rangers extended their club record to seven straight games when their starter didnt pitch at least five innings.Coles a great pitcher. There are stretches in any one season that for any starter, they go through things like this. Coles going to be able to work through it, manager Jeff Banister said. Hell find the rhythm, find the release point, and hell be back to the Cole Hamels that we know that he is.Texas twice blew two-run leads before finally going ahead for good in the sixth. Nomar Mazara had a leadoff double against reliever Ryan Pressly (2-5) before Andrus tripled and scored the go-ahead run on Bobby Wilsons sacrifice fly.Tony Barnette (6-3) threw 2 2/3 scoreless innings in relief of Hamels. Sam Dyson worked a perfect ninth for his 18th save in 20 chances.Odor had an RBI triple in the first inning before Prince Fielders single made it 2-0. Odor, who leads the Rangers with 16 homers, had three hits and was only a long ball short of the cycle.Miguel Sano hit a three-run homer, his 14th, to put the Twins up 5-4 in the fifth. Hamels faced only three more batters after that, walking the last two.We made Hamels work. I dont think hell say he was as sharp as hes been the last couple starts, but you get a guy up that high in pitch count through five, you did a nice job, Twins manager Paul Molitor said.The TTwins have the ALs worst record at 30-56.dddddddddddd The Rangers are the ALs top team at 54-34 even after winning for only the third time in a 10-game stretch that included three straight losses to Minnesota.Minnesota got even at 2-all in the second when All-Star third baseman Eduardo Nunez was credited with an RBI infield single. Hamels came off the mound to field the high chopper, but when he turned to throw to first nobody was there after novice first baseman Jurickson Profar had also gone after the ball.Shin-Soo Choo and Desmond had consecutive two-out RBI singles in the fourth to make it 4-2.SHORT HOPSTwins starter Kyle Gibson struck out six but allowed four runs in five innings, his shortest outing in his last six starts. ... Hamels had six walks for the third time in his career. The last had been in April 2013. ... Texas optioned Chi Chi Gonzalez to Triple-A Round Rock a day after he threw 124 pitches in 4 2/3 innings against the Twins. Left-hander Alex Claudio was recalled from that Triple-A team.TRAINERS ROOMTwins: CF Byron Buxton left the game with a bruised right knee after crashing into the outfield wall in the first inning when going after Odors triple. Buxton was taken off the field on a motorized cart. The Twins said hes day-to-day. ... SS Eduardo Escobar hasnt started since last Saturday because of a sore left hamstring. Manager Paul Molitor wants to get him in a game this weekend before the All-Star break.Rangers: RHP Yu Darvish (right shoulder) will make his next rehab start Sunday night for Double-A Frisco. ... RHP Keone Kela (right elbow) is scheduled to pitch in consecutive games for Frisco on Sunday and Monday. He hopes to rejoin the Rangers after the All-Star break.UP NEXTTwins: RHP Ricky Nolasco (3-7) makes his team-leading 18th start.Rangers: Kyle Lohse, a 37-year-old right-hander who signed a minor league deal with the Rangers on May 14, will be called up from Triple-A Round Rock to start. The Rangers announced after Friday nights game that Nick Martinez (1-2) had been optioned to Double-A Frisco and will start for the RoughRiders instead Saturday night. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123

t see anything that we need to add. We just h
ESTDenver BroncosQuarterback Trevor Siemian (

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz