Bay played its 2,500th game in franchise histor

#1 von riluowanying123 , 22.07.2018 15:27

CINCINNATI -- Billy Hamilton didnt use up all of his speed to beat the Milwaukee Brewers on Sunday.He had enough left to avoid the media after the game.Hamilton wasnt around to talk about dashing home on All-Star Jonathan Lucroys passed ball with two outs in the ninth inning, giving the Cincinnati Reds a 1-0 win over Milwaukee.Manager Bryan Price was more than happy to talk about the disruptive Hamilton.Billy is that guy, Price said. He affects the game. He changes the look of the game. He creates a lot of anxiety on the basepaths. That ball didnt get that far away from Lucroy. That ability of his to start and stop creates the opportunity.The speedy Hamilton drew a two-out walk from Tyler Thornburgh (3-3). Left-hander Will Smith relieved and walked Joey Votto.Hamilton stole third with Jay Bruce hitting, setting up the game-winning play. Smiths curveball glanced off Lucroys glove as Bruce swung and missed and rolled away to the catchers left.The ball didnt even reach the dirt track near the visitors dugout, but still was plenty far enough away for Hamilton to score easily.Thats what speed does, Smith said. It makes you freak out.It was originally scored as a wild pitch, then changed to a passed ball.The pitchers deserve better, Lucroy said. (Starter Zach) Davies deserved better. That cant happen. Thats minor league stuff right there. I shouldve caught it. If its in the air and I get a glove on it, Ive got to catch it.Tony Cingrani (2-2) pitched a perfect ninth for the win.Davies and Cincinnati starter Dan Straily each pitched seven impressive innings.Straily, who was 1-4 over his last five starts, gave up three hits, walked one and struck out four. He set down nine straight batters in one stretch and didnt allow a runner to reach second base until the sixth, when Jonathan Villar led off with a walk and stole his major league-leading 33rd base.Villar went to third on catcher Tucker Barnharts throwing error, but Lucroy grounded out to end the threat.I was able to throw my fastball where I wanted to, when I wanted to, Straily said. I felt good. The All-Star break is designed to allow us to refresh, and I really felt good today.Davies, recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs before the game, allowed four hits with no walks and five strikeouts.The Reds got two hits on his first three pitches, putting runners at first and third, but Davies escaped.Four of his five strikeouts were called and he fielded four balls, only one hit sharply.Thats a really good example of knowing when Im locating and mixing it up, Davies said. I know its going right when theyre taking pitches and not getting good swings on balls.Milwaukee put runners at first and second with two outs in the eighth against Michael Lorenzen, but Ryan Braun grounded out.NOT SO FASTReds rookie Jose Peraza was caught stealing second by Lucroy with one out in the second inning. Peraza was 13-for-13 in his brief career going into the game, including 10-for-10 this season.STRUGGLING SUAREZReds 3B Eugenio Suarez went 1 for 3, leaving him 4 for 32 (.125) since his seven-game hitting streak was snapped on July 3 at Miami.CONSISTENT STREAKERVillar went 0 for 3 to see his hitting streak snapped at seven games, his fourth streak of that length this season. Seven games is his season high.POWER OUTAGEReds pitching was able to keep Braun in the ballpark for the entire three-game series, a rare luxury. The Milwaukee left fielder went into the series with 32 homers against Cincinnati, more than against any other team, and 19 at Great American Ball Park, more than at any other location.TRAINERS ROOMBrewers: OF Hernan Perez didnt play, but manager Craig Counsell said he was available off the bench a day after leaving with a sore left foot, the result of a foul tip.Reds: RHP Caleb Cotham, whos been on the disabled list since May 31 with right shoulder inflammation, reported no problems after throwing 13 pitches, nine for strikes, in one inning of a rehab assignment with Double-A Pensacola on Saturday.UP NEXTBrewers: After a day off Monday, Milwaukee plays the first of 16 second-half games against the Pirates. RHP Chase Anderson (4-10) is the Brewers scheduled starter in the opener of a three-game series in Pittsburgh.Reds: Atlanta comes to town for a three-game series between the teams with the worst records in the majors. LHP Brandon Finnegan (4-7) is Cincinnatis scheduled starter in Mondays opener. Pavel Datsyuk Jersey . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. Youth Red Wings Jerseys . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. http://www.redwingscheapjerseys.com/ . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Red Wings Jerseys For Sale .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Andreas Athanasiou Jersey . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. NEW YORK -- Evan Longoria homered twice. Matt Moore pitched impressively into the seventh inning. From Desmond Jennings to Yunel Escobar, there were contributions throughout the Tampa Bay lineup. Thats how manager Joe Maddon imagined this pesky club would perform all year. "Thats the way its supposed to look like," Maddon said after the Rays sent the New York Yankees to their seventh loss in nine game, 8-3 Thursday night. Longoria reached 500 career RBIs with a sacrifice fly in the third inning. He connected against Andy Pettitte (5-5) leading off the sixth and again off Joba Chamberlain to open the eighth. Escobar hit a two-run shot off Boone Logan later in the eighth as the Rays won a second straight after losing six of seven. "Weve had some tough losses in the past week but the guys hung in there really well," Maddon said. "Its going to be the roller coaster AL East all summer." Tampa Bay had 14 hits after amassing 15 in a 6-2 win over Boston on Wednesday night. The 24-year-old Moore (9-3) snapped a three-start skid. The lefty opened the season 8-0 before yielding 20 runs over 12 1-3 innings in three starts this month. He blanked the Yankees until the sixth when two walks and a single loaded the bases with no outs. A wild pitch scored one run, Robinson Cano had a sacrifice fly and Travis Hafner followed with an RBI grounder that pulled the Yankees to 4-3. "Things were going well until the sixth inning," Moore said. "That was kind of the makey or breaky type of moment where its either going to be a five-run inning with Robbie Cano up, bases loaded, no outs. Or you could keep the team in the game the way we were able to." Moore then got an out in the seventh before being lifted following Lyle Overbays ground-rule double to left field, only the fourth hit he allowed. Jose Lobaton opened the scoring with a sacrifice fly in the second following a wild pitch by Pettitte. Ben Zobrist had an RBI single in the third in the Rays first visit to the Bronx this year. Jennings and Sean Rodriguez had consecutive two-out doubles in the seventh to chase Peettitte, making his first start as a 41-year-old -- his birthday was Saturday.dddddddddddd "For me its another frustrating night," Pettitte said. "We come back and score three runs and I go out there and give them right back. Joe (Girardi) trusts me to get out of the inning and I cant get Rodriguez out. I need to be able to shut these guys down." Jennings put Pettitte in trouble on the first pitch of the game, hitting a double that landed on the left-field line for his first of his three hits. The Rays started the third with three straight singles. Jennings led off with a single and went to second when the ball scooted under centre fielder Brett Gardners glove for an error. After Rodriguez singled, Zobrist, who came in 9 for 22 (.409) against Pettitte, drove in Jennings with a single. Longorias sacrifice fly made it 3-0 and gave the All-Star third baseman 500 RBIs in 710 games, eighth quickest to reach the mark in major league history. "Its a pretty good amount of RBIs. Its something Im pretty proud of," Longoria said. "Hopefully therell be a ton more." In 6 2-3 innings, Pettitte gave up five runs and nine hits. He has given up 14 runs in four starts since returning from the disabled list June 3. Pitching coach "Larry (Rothschild) said for the first five innings he didnt make a lot of mistakes, but the ones he made they hit them," manager Joe Girardi said. NOTES: Maddon said RHP Alex Colome will start Saturday. ... Tampa Bay played its 2,500th game in franchise history. The Rays, who started out as the Devil Rays in 1998, are 1,141-1,359 overall. Rothschild was Tampa Bays first manager. Current Rays bench coach Dave Martinez singled for the teams first hit. ... Rays ace David Price (left triceps strain) is scheduled to make his first rehabilitation start Friday for Class A Charlotte. ... There was a moment of silence for actor and Yankees fan James Gandolfini, who died Wednesday. ... Yankees broadcaster and former catcher John Flaherty was in the Rays first lineup. ... Yankees OF Vernon Wells went 0 for 3 and is 6 for 59 in June. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123

middle of their season. BETHLEHEM, Pa. --
astination over day-night cricket, its f

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz