art of the team, and he will join the tea

#1 von riluowanying123 , 03.08.2018 18:04

Sandeep Patil, Indias former chairman of selectors, has said there were lots of discussions around the future of MS Dhonis limited-overs captaincy around the time he retired from Test cricket in December 2014. Dhonis unexpected exit from the longest format mid-way through Indias Test series in Australia came as a shock Patil said, but he was happy that Dhoni decided to move on when he realised his mental and physical fitness were not up to scratch.Patil, whose four-year term as chief selector ended today, said his panel deliberated making a leadership change in ODIs then, but eventually decided not to keeping in mind the 2015 World Cup was only a couple of months away at the time. Absolutely [Dhonis captaincy was under threat]. There were lots of discussions that happened regarding that, [and] its not like they happened once, they happened a lot, Patil told ABP News. There was discussion about his one-day captaincy, there were discussions on his finishing…But we selected him because… a time had come, the World Cup had come - [if] you try before the World Cup giving a new player the captaincy seat, [you should] give him a good run. But that opportunity didnt come to the selectors. We didnt have enough time to experiment.Dhoni, who still captains India in ODIs and T20s, had announced his retirement shortly after the Boxing Day Test ended in Melbourne, with the team trailing 2-0 after three matches with one to play. Patil said that Australian tour was a tough one for the team and Dhonis decision was sudden, but he was best placed to decide on his future. I wouldnt want to say… that it was a sinking ship, but it was a tough series. Our players had to face quite a few difficulties there, the performance wasnt quite right, save for Virat Kohli.In such a situation, for a senior player to take this decision - to suddenly take this decision - was shocking. There was a lot of discussion even among us [selectors], How did this happen?But it was his decision. What the player is thinking and understands… his body, his thinking, his fitness, only he can decide on all those things. Selectors cant decide that. I feel that Dhoni understood this and took the right decision at the right time.Patil said the selectors did ask Dhoni about the timing of his retirement when the panel next met to select an ODI squad. But, in the end, the decision was a selfless one, he said. [Since it was mid-way through a series], we questioned him and his response was that this is the level of contribution that should be coming from me to the team, when that wasnt happening, then I myself felt that I should be out. Very few players can take a decision like that. Very few players can think like that. Everyone generally thinks I should play more, let me play one more series, let me play for another year…The other big retirement Patils panel had to deal with was even more high-profile: the retirement of Sachin Tendulkar. Patil recollected the precise moment he first had a chat with Tendulkar about his plans for the future, in December 2012. Patil said Tendulkar made the decision to quit ODIs after he and fellow selector Rajinder Hans had that chat with him during the Nagpur Test against England. The selectors, Patil said, did not force anything on Tendulkar.I remember, it was a Test match in Nagpur, December, 2012. After Sachin got out that was when we, the selectors, decided that we will go to Sachin and ask him what his intention is. And that was a job I did, because I was the chairman, and Hans paaji was also with me, and we spoke to him to know what he had in mind.We have never told any player, let it be Sachin Tendulkar or any other player, that is enough, now we are going to drop you. We wanted to ask whats the plan in your mind. [And] Sachin wanted to focus more on Test cricket. So when we spoke - and it was quite an open discussion - he decided that he will retire from one-day cricket and, in front of me, he called Sanjay Jagdale, who was the [BCCI] secretary then. He himself said I dont want to play one-day cricket now. I felt that was a very good thing what Sachin did.Tendulkars Test retirement came a year later, following a farewell series against West Indies in November 2013.Former India opener Virender Sehwag, who had previously told ESPNcricinfo that he was hurt the manner in which the selectors dropped him in 2013, more recently said it would have been nice if the selectors had offered him a farewell Test as well. Patil said while he empathised with the players, it was not their right to ask for a farewell match. If you decide that everybody should get a farewell, then it becomes wrong. And this decision is not the players, its the BCCIs. I can understand how it feels, because I too have come through that phase. You talk of Virender Sehwag, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar... The farewell that Sachin got, that was different.But, perhaps, after that, the expectation went up among the rest that I too should get one. But it didnt happen, and they felt unhappy, became annoyed. And I understand why they became displeased, but the sport is such that when you... retire, many things come out; many things that you shouldnt say, you end up saying, and later there is repentance. But we dont place much importance on these things. Authentic Bilal Nichols Jersey . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. Authentic Kylie Fitts Jersey . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. http://www.cheapbearsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-joel-iyiegbuniwe-jersey . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. Cheap Bears Jerseys Authentic . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Authentic Javon Wims Jersey .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. OTTAWA, Ontario -- Clarke MacArthur reported to the Ottawa Senators training camp healthy and excited for the season. He never imagined his plans would be derailed in a simple scrimmage.Speaking to the media for the first time since he suffered his fourth concussion, MacArthur, 31, talked about the hit that knocked him out of action, and he vowed to return to the ice this season.Playing in a Sept. 25 scrimmage, MacArthur played a puck in the corner and was about to turn up the ice when he was hit by defenseman Patrick Sieloff.First thing I remember, I was looking straight up at the bright lights, like I was at a KISS concert or something, MacArthur said. Then I kind of put two and two together what happened. I was upset, obviously. Just going through what I went through last year, I was just praying it wasnt going to be the same thing, and so far, things have been a lot better and moving along a lot quicker.MacArthur entered the scrimmage symptom-free after missing all but four games last season while he recovered from a previous devastating concussion. He has been at the rink regularly and has resumed light skating of late. He continues to suffer some symptoms, but not to the degree of last year, when he could barely function.MacArthur was quick to affirm he isnt currently considering retirement.At this point, I was obviously devastated by the hit, along with other people who have been around me and been through it, but Im standing up here today, and hopefully the next time we do this, it will be before my first game or another step forward in a positive way, MacArthur said.Married with two young children, MacArthur understands that people will question his ddecision to return to the game, but he says only he can know whats in his best interest.ddddddddddddI take my information from the doctors, he said. Were taking it a step at a time, and if they say Im OK to play, then I want to keep playing.I just feel, at my age, I still have a lot to give, and Im not ready for the next chapter yet, so Im going to continue with this one if I can. Im the only one who knows how my body feels. I feel if I can keep making steps in the right direction, then some people wont like it, but there will be people that do like it too. I want to continue playing if I can.MacArthurs absence leaves a void both on and off the ice. Not only is he a skilled forward, but he is also easily one of the most popular members of the team and a significant part of the leadership group.The Senators want to ensure that MacArthur feels like part of the team, and he will join the team for its western Canadian trip next week.To see him battling the way he is and showing persistence means a lot to us, defenseman Mark Borowiecki said. Hes just such a huge part of this team. To have him around us is special for all of us. You never want to see something like this happen to anyone, but it stings a little more when its someone like Clarke. It will be great to have him on the road.At this point, MacArthur said he has no timetable for his return and is willing to be patient.Its hard to say right now, he said. Every day Im trying to just do a little more and see where Im at every day. Im slowly getting better. Its going to take a while. Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123

son City, Mo.) secured the win for the Ti
ad six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikoji

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz