ads them, Eric Hosmer and Salvador Perez will always

#1 von riluowanying123 , 09.09.2018 15:25

CHICAGO -- Jeff Samardzija was at home pitching on the South Side. Samardzija threw a complete game, two-hit shutout and Julio Borbon hit a two-run home run and the Chicago Cubs beat the Chicago White Sox 7-0 on Monday. Samardzija (3-6) pitched the Cubs first complete game shutout since Randy Wells shut out the Giants on Aug. 29, 2011. The last time the Cubs shut out an opponent as a team came against the Rockies on Aug. 26, 2012. The first White Sox hit came from Conor Gillaspie in the third inning. Samardzija then got Jeff Keppinger to hit into a double play as he faced the minimum through four innings. He struck out Alejandro De Aza to end the sixth. He then retired 12 straight before giving up a walk to Tyler Flowers in the ninth inning. He bounced back by striking out De Aza, then after a single to Alexei Ramirez, he got Alex Rios to pop out to end the game. The once anticipated interleague series in Chicago lost some of its lustre with the fans as the Cubs entered the game in last place in the NL Central and the White Sox are struggling to play .500. The announced attendance was 30,631 at U.S. Cellular Field. Samardzija who grew up in Northwest Indiana, enjoys pitching against the White Sox. "I love this place," Samardzija said. "I loved coming here to watch games here as a kid. I loved watching these guys play for a long time. "Ive always been a fan, so to come here and to have my whole family here, 30 minutes from home from my backyard, its fun. I love being here. I love the atmosphere here. I love these games against the White Sox, they are always fun, unfortunately they cut them down to four. This is what baseball is all about, these rivalry games," "You got the smell of the steel mills in the background, its not the most beautiful scent in the world, but it smells like home." Anthony Rizzo doubled and hit a two-run triple in his first Crosstown Classic and Alfonso Soriano added three hits as the Cubs won two in a row after losing six straight. Cubs manager Dale Sveum was impressed by how Samardzija featured his fastball. "Sometimes he reverts back to probably thinking a little too much instead of just knowing what he is. He is a big-time power guy," Sveum said. "You guys saw his split-finger pitch tonight, it is pretty much a non-hittable pitch when he is committed it and throwing it like that. Not that hes not a pitcher, but sometimes he wants to be this pitcher that is pitching like a Greg Maddux. He is not that kind of a pitcher." It was Samardzijas first career shutout. "I am going out with the mindset to pitch deep in every game. If you want to be one of the guys the team turns to in a big situation, thats the number one thing, pitch deep into games and give your offence a chance to win the game. We saw what happened tonight." White Sox starter Jose Quintana (3-2) allowed four runs and four hits. He struck out five and allowed three walks. The White Sox lost for the second time in seven games. With one out in the first inning, Quintana walked Starlin Castro then struck out Rizzo as Castro was attempting to steal second. Flowers was unable to throw to second because Ramirez forgot to cover second base. Soriano followed with a single off the left field wall to score Castro. "Again, I dont know if it was the pitcher who made us flat, but there was enough of a lack of focus that needs to be there," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. In the fifth inning, Borbon hit a two-run shot to right on the first pitch. It was his first homer and the first RBIs of the season. Rizzo led off the sixth with a double and scored on Scott Hairstons sacrifice fly to make it 4-0. In the seventh, Rizzo hit a two-run triple off the centre field wall and scored on Sorianos single to extend the Cubs lead to 7-0. White Sox reliever Nate Jones allowed three runs and four hits in the seventh inning. "Right now he needs to fix it here," Ventura said. "Weve seen it. Its there. I dont know if its the lack of confidence or what. Stuff-wise, its not a velocity issue at all. Its going to be more location and the confidence of being able to continue to do that." NOTES: White Sox ace Chris Sale is on schedule to start Tuesday night against the Cubs after missing his previous start because of tendinitis in his left shoulder. The left-hander had no setbacks after a bullpen session on Sunday. ... RHP Edwin Jackson is the Cubs scheduled starter Tuesday. He is 1-7 with a 6.11 ERA on the season and is 1-4 with a 6.60 ERA in his career against the White Sox. Cheap Black NFL Jerseys . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Cheap Womens NFL Jerseys .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. http://www.cheapnfljerseys.pro/ . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Wholesale China Jerseys . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. SAN DIEGO -- Weve seen this movie before. It was supposed to be Big Papis night. It was supposed to be the Chicago Cubs night. We had our All-Star scripts and our All-Star storylines written in our heads. And then ...As usual, when it was time to hit the big stage Tuesday night, it turned into the Kansas City Royals show.It turned into Eric Hosmers magical All-Star evening. It turned into Salvador Perezs magical All-Star evening. It may have been July, not October, but it all felt very familiar -- two men who have spent so much time on the big stage doing what theyve now done so many times.Hosmer sliced a second-inning homer to left field in the first All-Star at-bat of his life. Two batters later, Perez became the first catcher in Royals history to make an All-Star Game home run trot, bopping a towering two-run bomb to left off his friend, Johnny Cueto. An inning later, Hosmer would single in yet another run, on his way to an All-Star MVP award.And that was the story of the 2016 All-Star Game: Royals 4, National League 2. And it all made perfect sense -- other than the fact that a team that hit two home runs in the entire World Series changed the All-Star Game with two home runs in the same inning.Wow. Crazy, Perez said, with a smile as wide as Coronado Beach, as that news was delivered to his locker. Thats why baseball is crazy. You know that. But crazy good. Yessir.Crazy good. Yessir. The Royals are full of crazy goodness, every time they need it most. So here is more of the craziness they sprung on the world, on the way to handing home-field advantage to whoever the heck the American League representative in the World Series may turn out to be:? Never once, in the six seasons and 575 games they had started together as big league teammates, had Hosmer and Perez homered in the same inning of any game -- regular season or postseason. So of course they both went deep in the very first inning in which they both batted in an All-Star Game.? And who gave up those two homers? Didnt it make perfect, crazy-good sense that it would be Cueto, their teammate on the World Series Express last fall? Only once, in 86 previous All-Star Games, had any player hit a home run off a pitcher he had played with the year before. (The lone instance: Alfonso Soriano homered off Roger Clemens in the 2004 Midsummer Classic.) Then Hosmer and Perez did it in a span of three hitters in this game. Yeah, right. Of course they did.? And no catcher had ever hit an All-Star home run against a pitcher hed caught the year before. But you cant say never anymore, thanks to Perezs homer. (Never? Perez gulped when we passed along that bulletin, then let out a giant laugh. Thats why were tight, boys.)? And oh, by the way, this was all very strange on Cuetos end, too. He hadnt given up two home runs in the same inning of a regular-season game since July 8, 2014. That was 70 starts ago.? Meanwhile, just one other time before this had any set of teammates homered in the same inning of the same All-Star Game, according to research by Elias Sports Bureau. You have to go back more than four decades to find the last time it happened, to Steve Garvey and Jim Wynn hitting long balls off Vida Blue in 1975.? And finally, how rare is it for two teammates to drive in all the runs for the winning team in any All-Star Game? So rare, acccording Elias research, that it had never happened before.ddddddddddddBut Hosmer and Perez know all about what it takes to do stuff that had never been done. Or stuff that people kept telling them couldnt be done. Its the specialty of their house. And on this night, it was the American League that reaped the benefits, not just the long-suffering citizens of Kansas City.I enjoyed that, said AL starter Chris Sale, who had fallen behind, 1-0, on a Kris Bryant homer, before Hosmer and Perez took over. Because the last time I faced them, those same guys took me deep. So it was nice to see that for me and not against me.The only two teammates who had even homered in the same game in any of the previous 40 All-Star Games were David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez, of the 2004 Red Sox. And its an excellent bet that Hosmer and Perez wont approach the same orbit as the 1,080 career homers Ortiz and Manny would go on to mash in their careers.But in their own way, Hosmer and Perez have become the faces of this generation of Royals, much the same way that Papi and Manny were the faces of the curse-busting Red Sox. So for these two men to share this moment, on this night, left both of them with a singular All-Star glow that is going to take a long, long time to fade.Couldnt have worked out any better, Hosmer said. Salvy and I go way back. A lot of you guys know we have been playing this game together for a long time. And to share that experience and have the games we did tonight was really special.Moments after uttering those words, Hosmer strolled across the clubhouse to his locker, the MVP trophy tucked under his arm. Perez looked up in mid-interview and lurched toward his All-Star co-star, to deliver a high-five and a hug, saying: Whats up, my MVP?Hoz is the best, Perez said, after that little hug break was over. We play together a lot. And I feel so happy for him and for his family. And now hes MVP, so thats exciting.Their team has had a frustrating first half, thanks to an onslaught of injuries and rotation issues. But if youve had a tough time looking past the standings, you might have missed something: Both Hosmer and Perez have used that October glory for fuel. Theyre both headed for the best offensive seasons of their careers. So what they did on this night, on this stage, came as no surprise to their hitting coach.Its no surprise to me, because theyve done it the last two years, Dale Sveum said. For them, this might be a much smaller stage.This is kind of their setting, the Royals hitting coach went on. And Ive seen it the last two years. Theyre just special people when it comes to that stage.No Royal had hit a home run in an All-Star Game since Bo Jackson in 1989. And before this night, only Bo would know what it took to be an All-Star MVP. But not anymore. Because Hosmer and Perez would turn this into yet one more night when this generation of Royals rose up to rewrite the history of their franchise.It might not be enough to propel back toward another ride on the parade floats. But no matter where this journey leads them, Eric Hosmer and Salvador Perez will always have the memories of this crazy-good evening playing on the DVRs in their brains.Crazy good. Yessir. China Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Hoodies ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123

taller and longer Vargas can time his answer perfectl
God Save The Queen before the flight left. [ur

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz