drew Travis says its not happening.

#1 von MJL456 , 09.09.2018 15:39

Well, that didnt go to plan. At all. Three-zip at the coin toss. No individual hundreds. Three losses. Sickness, injury and some calls for an inquiry into the coaching and preparation for the tour.Heading into this Test series, a historic one for India, given the first match was their 500th Test and the third one was at a new Test venue, there would have been some realistic and some lofty expectations around the New Zealand changing room and among the squad. Perhaps also thoughts of spoiling Indias party. More than likely there would have been talk of three individual hundreds, 300-plus scores in all innings, 20 wickets in two Tests, at least two drawn Tests, and if they got the moments right, one win - and of course, win at least one toss, hopefully two!No personal hundreds. Brendon McCullum scored more in one innings against India than the whole New Zealand team did in any of their batting innings in this series. No draws. Missed a lot of the big game-changing moments. And not even one damned coin-toss win - Come back, Bmac, your Test toss success record of 37.5% is forgiven!Listening to former Indian allrounder (he has a Test ton) Ajit Agarkar on his impressions of the New Zealand batting on ESPNcricinfo was to hear that New Zealand got worse as the series went on - they went backwards.I think its fair to say the batting did go backwards, and not just statistically, as the series went on. Why? And is that all bad news? I dont think so.Backwards to go forward. Im hoping so.Every now and again, the Bible throws up an aphorism. Proverbs 13:20 says: He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. Basically you are only as good as the company you keep.Firstly New Zealand dont have, and therefore cant play on, pitches that do what Indian pitches do. This means New Zealand dont have spinners who do what Indian spinners do. Which equates simply to the fact that New Zealands batsmen cant do what Indian batsmen can do. The company you keep.Jeetan Patel, virtually straight to India from a hugely successful wicket-taking season in the UK, wasnt as effective a wicket-taker as hoped. Good, consistent, could keep the Indian batsmen quiet, but taking wickets, making batsmen make mistakes - those things werent quite in his arsenal. Indian batsmen are better to spin. They play differently. Forward, and back - a long way back - often playing the line of the stumps with the bat, pads out of the way. Indian batsmen are used to playing spin bowling that spins. Spins big, grips, rips, bites and jumps. New Zealand batsmen are, because of the pitches that are used in domestic cricket, used to the subtleties of flight, pace and drift - the deception through the air, not the violence off the pitch.I was never a Test-quality batsman. I learnt to play spin by playing Tests. I had two options that I learned on a tour to Sri Lanka: defend (small step forward and bat as close to where the ball pitched as possible) or sweep. Its all I had. So, one option to prevent me from getting out, and I might be able to sneak a single here or there if it brushed the edge with soft-enough hands; and the other a possible scoring option if the delivery was outside of my eyeline (outside off stump) and it wasnt delivered too flat or quick.If I tried to do anything different, Id normally end up in trouble. I once went back to a delivery that pitched outside leg - my plan was to just kick it; it jumped, and I wore it, no shot offered, squarely in the box. It was time to rethink. The point here is that I had to learn to play that kind of spin, on those kinds of pitches, in a Test match.New Zealand defended well and showed aptitude for the task in the first Test. But as the series went on, the batting changed. I also think the Indian bowling got better, but the New Zealand batting, from outside looking in, didnt improve.I genuinely believe the New Zealand batsmen were making changes - trying to do it differently, better, more the Indian way. Practising and experimenting to not get so far forward, and thus locking themselves into only defence, they were trying to get back further and open up scoring shots through cover-point and midwicket. They swept less, they stayed taller. They just werent good enough. There just wasnt enough time.Is a Test match the right time to be doing this? Is there any better time, given the bowlers and conditions? The issue is, the process takes time. Learning to play that kind of quality spin, on those kinds of pitches, it means learning and practising in a Test. Only so much you can do and so good you can get practising in the nets against your own spinners and the net bowlers. NFL Jerseys Wholesale . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. Cheap Jerseys . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. http://www.chinajerseysnhlwholesale.com/ . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. Cheap NHL Jerseys China . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Gold Coast insist there is no chance Gary Ablett will leave the AFL club to return to Geelong.Talk of a possible trade to the Cats has escalated but Suns chief executive Andrew Travis says its not happening.From our point of view, we dont see any risk (of him leaving). Its not something thats even entered our mind, Travis told AFL.com.au.There was obviously some external discussion that took place and the story got legs because it did have a bit of romance about it.Weve got Gary contracted for two years and we see him very much fulfilling his contract with the Gold Coast Suns.Travis also knocked on the head the theory that trading Ablett, 32, would give the Suns the space in the salary cap they need to re-sign midfield stars Dion Prestia and Jaeger OMeara.ddddddddddddWeve planned our payment projections for a few years going forward and thats a complete non-issue from our perspective, he said.Ablett played 192 games for Geelong before joining Gold Coast as a foundation player in 2011.He will surgery on his troublesome left shoulder in Melbourne on Wednesday and is expected to make a full recovery in time for pre-season training. China Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Hoodies ' ' '

MJL456  
MJL456

ut hasnt been past the third round at a Grand Sla
Charles didnt return to practice until three we

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz