yself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a

#1 von riluowanying123 , 05.01.2019 12:28

Carl Frampton has questioned whether the BBCs Sports Personality of the Year is anti-Northern Ireland after he and other stars from the country were omitted from the awards shortlist.The Belfast boxer, who in 2016 unified super bantamweight world titles before moving up a division to win the WBA world featherweight title, claimed he would have been selected on the 16-strong list if he was English.Framptons remarks came as Democratic Unionist MP Ian Paisley vowed to raise concerns around the absence of Northern Ireland nominees at Westminster.As well as a regional basis, Frampton suggested the selection was also potentially anti-boxing.He also asked why two-time world Superbike champion Jonathan Rea from County Antrim and Team GBs most decorated Paralympian at Rio, Bethany Firth, were also omitted.Paralympians who won fewer medals in Brazil than the County Down swimmers haul of three golds and a silver did make the 16.I feel like I should have got on but Johnny Rea also had a shout, Bethany Firth as well also had a shout, said Frampton. And I think maybe what it looks to me is anti-boxing, maybe anti-Northern Ireland, who knows?But listen, I am not going to cry about it and Ill get on with my career.Frampton became the first boxer from Northern Ireland to win world titles at two different weights when he beat previously undefeated Mexican Leo Santa Cruz in New York in the summer.That featherweight victory came after he defeated Englands Scott Quigg in Manchester in February to unify two super bantamweight world titles.In an interview with BBC Radio Ulster, Frampton said he believed Andy Murray, who won nine titles in 2016 and became world number one for the first time, would be the clear winner of the award, but he said he still deserved to be among the nominees.I am slightly disappointed, I think, especially as they extended the list and there was no space for me, he said. I unified a title and I moved up and beat a three weight world champion -- both fights on the road as well.But Im not going to complain about that. I didnt get picked for whatever reason. I feel there are people on that list that I deserve to be on in front of.North Antrim MP Paisley has tabled an early day motion on the issue in the Commons.In response to the furore, a BBC spokeswoman said: In what has been an extraordinary year of sport, many contenders were considered and debated by an expert industry panel, who by consensus agreed on the shortlist.The issue was also raised on the floor of the Stormont Assembly.When asked for her thoughts concerning the lack of Northern Irish-born sports stars on the shortlist, the regions First Minister Arlene Foster replied: She is not amused.Foster also said Executive colleagues intended to challenge BBC management, adding that she believed there was a problem with the judging panel.Foster said: I think it is absolutely scandalous that someone of Carl Framptons ability, and indeed a double world champion, should be excluded.Another man who should have been thought of as well is Jonathan Rea, who again is a double world champion. What about Bethany Firth?And, indeed what about Michael McGovern, that man from Fermanagh who did sterling work for the Northern Ireland team during the Euros.I think there is a huge hole in relation to the Sports Personality of the Year, despite the fact that they have increased from 12 to 16, they have managed to leave out some of the very special sporting stars from Northern Ireland. Cheap Jerseys Throwback . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Wholesale Jerseys . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. http://www.cheapnfljerseysfastshipping.com/ . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. Cheap NFL Jerseys .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Nike NFL Jerseys China . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- A football player at Division III Maryville (Tennessee) College faces a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of a 16-year-old girl.Knox County Sheriffs Office officials announced Wednesday that William Riley Gaul, a freshman wide receiver, was arrested late Tuesday night in connection with the death of Emma Walker. Officials said Gaul was being held at the Knox County Jail on $750,000 bond.A preliminary hearing has been set for Dec. 2.Sheriffs officials said Walker was found dead of a gunshot wound inside her house Monday morning. Officials said evidence at the scene indicted Gaul fired shots into her bedroom from outside the house while she slept.Walker was a student at Central High School in Knoxville, Tennessee.dddddddddddd Maryvilles football roster indicates Gaul graduated from Central High.Maryville athletic department spokesman Chris Cannon said in a statement that, Maryville College is cooperating fully with the Knox County Sheriffs Department in this investigation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims family and friends and other individuals affected by this tragedy.Maryville coach Shaun Hayes said through a spokesman that Gaul has been dismissed from the football program. Maryville already has completed its season.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123

such as Barra, the new endpoint for the much-tou
17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz