e time and gave himself a chan

#1 von MJL456 , 13.02.2019 15:21

Shakur Stevenson and Antonio Vargas, both members of the 2016 U.S. Olympic mens boxing team, are going pro after signing management deals on Tuesday.Stevenson, 19, of Newark, New Jersey, won a silver medal at the Rio de Janeiro Games, the best finish by an American male boxer since Andre Ward, now a unified light heavyweight world titleholder, won Olympic gold at the 2004 Athens Games.Ward is Stevensons boxing idol and now will be part of his management team. Stevenson signed with the trio of Ward, James Prince and Josh Dubin. Prince and Dubin, an attorney, represent Ward.I know I have a great team behind me with J. Prince as the head of it, working with Josh Dubin and Andre Ward, Stevenson said. I know that these guys can get me where I want to be, and I feel very comfortable with them behind me. Im so focused, and I promise to put 110 percent into making sure we become great as a team, and I plan on becoming one of the best boxers on the planet, which is my main goal.Now its on me to prove to the world that I can be just as great as the legends before me, and trust me, Im up to the task.Stevenson, who is named after the late rap star Tupac Shakur, advanced to the gold-medal final in the 123-pound bantamweight division in Rio in August but lost a split decision to Cubas Robeisy Ramirez, who won his second gold medal in a row after claiming flyweight gold in 2012.Stevenson, who went 23-1 in international competition, has been one of the most sought-after fighters from the Rio Olympics, including being wooed by promoter Floyd Mayweather, who traveled to Rio to watch him fight. Neither Stevenson nor Vargas has signed a promotional deal yet.Prince manages fighters such as Ward and heavyweight contender Bryant Jennings and used to manage Mayweather. Like many, he sees the flashy and skilled Stevenson as a future star.It is an honor and a privilege to represent this young man, Prince said. Andre, Josh and I know we have the next superstar in the sport. Shakur is not only a gifted fighter but someone that has the ability to be an icon. Our first goal is to sign him with the right promoter. Then, we will be with him every step of the journey toward greatness.Stevenson, who is the oldest of nine siblings, lives and trains in northern Virginia under the tutelage of trainer Kay Koroma. Stevensons grandfather, Wali Moses, introduced him to boxing as a child.I want to give a big thank-you to my grandfather -- big time -- for getting me where I want to be as far as boxing and becoming the boxer I am today, Stevenson said. I want to thank Coach Kay for taking me in and coaching me and keeping me in the boxing environment when I moved away from Jersey. Im excited for this journey ahead of me, and my main goal is to be great.Vargas became the second 2016 U.S. Olympian in a week to sign with David McWaters Split-T Management. On Friday, McWater announced the signing of Olympic middleweight Charles Conwell, 19, of Cleveland.Now McWater has signed the 20-year-old Vargas, of Kissimmee, Florida, who was the U.S. flyweight representative at the Rio Games.I have known Split-T Managements David McWater for several years, Vargas said. The people I know told me a lot of positive things about him. He showed me he was a good person and the man who can manage my career the way it should be.I would compare my style to Manny Pacquiao, Vasyl Lomachenko, and going back a bit, Orlando Canizales because all three had fast hands and feet with the ability to stop on a dime and unleash powerful shots to the head and body that can get you out of there.At the Olympics, Vargas, who began boxing at age 9, lost to eventual gold-medal winner Shakhobidin Zoirov of Uzbekistan in their second-round match.The Olympics did not go as I wanted, Vargas said. I lost to the eventual gold-medal winner. The loss made me real hungry, and now I train harder than I ever did before because I want to be the best. I plan on turning professional as either a junior bantamweight or bantamweight and win world championships in four different weight divisions.McWater praised Vargas.Antonio is just a special kid. Of course, he has all the talent and physical tools, but he is so much more than that, McWater said. Hes got incredible focus and determination, not to mention he is always very classy. I wanted to represent him since the first time that I saw him at the National Golden Gloves, and I know he will be a world champion.As professionals, Stevenson likely will fight as a 126-pound featherweight or 122-pound junior featherweight. Vargas plans to fight professionally either as a 118-pound bantamweight or 115-pound junior bantamweight. Both will make their pro debuts in early 2017. Wholesale Shoes China Free Shipping . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. Discount Shoes Sale Online .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs. http://www.discountshoeschina.com/ . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Discount Shoes Online Free Shipping . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. Cheap Discount Shoes Online .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. West Indies captain Jason Holder has said that the reprieves given to Azhar Ali in the first innings and the large number of extras conceded by the side were factors in their 56-run defeat to Pakistan in the first Test in Dubai. Holder lauded the team, particularly batsman Darren Bravo, for running Pakistan close and taking the match into the final hour on the fifth day despite having been on the back foot for the first three days of the Test.Azhar was dropped twice in his innings of 302 not out: on 17, Leon Johnson put down a sharp catch at gully off Miguel Cummins, and on 190 by Jermaine Blackwood off Roston Chases bowling.Its tough to say. When you look at the game in hindsight you can say a lot of things. Obviously credit must go to Azhar Ali, I thought he played really well. We put him down; at that stage if we would have held him, we would have had a new batsman in, Holder said. But thats cricket. If you look at it critically, its those one or two chances that we missed. In the second innings, Babar Azam getting out off a no-ball. Things like this, if we negate them then we have less problems going forward.Holder conceded that the bowlers, specially Shannon Gabriel, had some work to do to bring the rate of front-foot no-balls under control. Gabriel bowled 11 no-balls in the entire match, including 10 in the first innings which, combined with other extras, contributed 22 runs to Pakistans score of 579.Its definitely an area we need to improve on but if you look at the scorecard, there were a few no-balls from both sides. Its something we have to pay attention to, Shannon was probably our head culprit. But again, hes that kind of bowler, he runs in and gives it his all. Having said that the amount of no-balls he bowled was unacceptable and hopefully he can correct it going forward in the next Test match.ddddddddddddHolder pointed to West Indies comeback with the ball in Pakistans second innings - with Devendra Bishoos 8 for 49 - and Bravos maturity and determination on the fourth and fifth days as the positives for the side from the Test.Bravo followed up his 87 in the first innings with a stubborn 116 in the second innings that helped West Indies climb to within 83 runs of a victory before he was dismissed, and a drawn match was still a possibility after he had been dismissed. The 109 overs in the second innings was the second longest West Indies had batted in the fourth innings of a Test.It was a quality innings and I just mentioned that he batted really well in both the second and first innings, he said. I think he showed a lot of maturity in both those innings and he spent some time and gave himself a chance to get a score. You could see the determination on his face and in his expressions and his body language was just very positive. Hopefully he can continue in this vein and we can lean on Darren Bravo in our batting.One thing I am very proud of is the way the guys fought. They came good today and all the bowlers came up with a really good effort on a pitch that didnt give much assistance to them. I cant really fault the effort of the guys, it was a very, very good team effort. Unfortunately we didnt get over the line and unfortunately we couldnt save the game but a hell of a lot of positives we can take from the game. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

MJL456  
MJL456

ractice field and the weight room,
at Oracle Arena would mean a lot

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz