ByWick Terrell@wickterrellSep 23, 2018,3:57pm EDT

#1 von zhangzk , 14.05.2019 04:08

As ugly losses in ugly seasons go James Shields Jersey , well...this was one of them."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Farmers onlyFeaturesPlayoffsHistory/Hall of FameGame RecapsMarlins stomp hapless Reds 6-0New,36commentsAs ugly losses in ugly seasons go, well...this was one of them.ShareTweetShareShareMarlins stomp hapless Reds 6-0Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY SportsThe Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the GameChad Wallach tallied a grand total of 11 PAs with the Cincinnati Reds in the 2017 season, some three years after being acquired by the Reds from the Miami Marlins alongside Anthony DeSclafani in the Mat Latos trade. Between that and a 42 PA stint with the Marlins this season - he was picked up off waivers by the Marlins this past winter - he’d never yet managed to hit a big league dinger.That changed on Sunday, however, as he belted a 3-run blast off Michael Lorenzen, and that was the single biggest blast of the day.Considering nary a Red really did anything of note on the day, it’s only right that a former Red gets the nod here. So, congrats, Chad. Your Marlins just whomped the heck out of the Reds for an entire series.2018, man.Key PlaysA walk, a single http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-konerko-jersey , and an RBI infield single that 3B Eugenio Suarez simply couldn’t come up with preceded Wallach’s 3rd inning dinger, which was belted over the wall in left-center for a 3-run blast that put the Reds in an intial hole, 4-0.The Marlins tacked on another pair of runs in the Bottom of the 5th with Sal Romano on the mound. Brian Anderson got things going with a single, and he later ended up at 3B on a wild pitch and throwing error by catcher Curt Casali. Another single, a Scooter Gennett error, and an RBI single from Magneuris Sierra later, and the Reds trailed, 6-0. That, folks, is how this one would finish.Tony GraphaninoSource: FanGraphsOther NotesLorenzen allowed 9 hits and 2 walks in his 4 IP. He was tagged for 4 ER and struck out no one.On the plus side, the Reds are rapidly improving their draft position.The last place Reds will return home to GABP later today, presumably. On Tuesday, they’ll begin a quick two-game series against the last place Kansas City Royals, in case you’re still interested in tuning in. First pitch Tuesday is set for 6:40 PM ET Yolmer Sanchez Jersey , and will have Matt Harvey again on the mound for the Reds in what should be his final appearance of the year before he reaches free agency.Tunes. Walk, don’t run, Bote McExtensionface, and other bullets"Dammit! I wanted to be gruntled. I needed a ray of sunshine Wednesday night, let me tell you — I had a worse night and day than I did Monday. My oxygen converter bit the big one last night, and it took all of 9陆 hours to get it replaced while I used my portable, which delivers about a third of the usual dosage of O2. The portable is great for going to the store or whatever... and usually it would be fine, but the deal started at 11 p.m. Tuesday and the replacement didn’t arrive til 10:30 Wednesday morning. So I was up all night waiting for a tech that never came. Short of breath, short of sleep, massive anxiety over the way things were being handled — just the way I like to spend my days and nights... let’s just say that oxygen is not over-rated. Neither is good relief pitching. “I’m just gonna open the window a little to get some air,” he says, getting one foot up on the ledge. “Steve Cishek wtf? This is why I keep trading you off my MLB The Show teams. Stop imitating ‘art’.”And it was all going so well...The Cubs clearly need some breathing room. And they’re headed for a weekend showdown with the front-running Brew Crew, who are putting much air between them and the rest of the division, after today’s tilt Adam Engel Jersey , the third against the Braves. Yikes!The solution is simple. Win one, guys. Every streak starts at one. Here’s today’s Cubs News and Notes. As always * means autoplay on, or annoying ads, or both (directions to remove for Firefox and Chrome).Mark Gonzales (Chicago Tribune* {$}): Theo Epstein’s call for urgency doesn’t mean he’s contemplating changes on the Cubs: ‘Every game is not a referendum on the season’. “We’re not thinking in those terms,” Epstein said Wednesday.Jon Greenberg (The Athletic {$}): Context is king: Four games in, you can see why the Cubs are making people nervous. “Watching Mark Zagunis start feels like a callback to the random outfielders who would pop in during the Jim Hendry era.”Gordon Wittenmyer (Chicago Sun-Times* {$}): Not so fast: Check back on Cubs’ urgency in August because it’s a long season. “... talking about urgency probably should be the first reality check.” Sean Holland adds on.Jordan Bastian (MLB.com*): 3 up, 3 down across Cubs’ first four outings. “Instead of looking up to see if any pieces of the sky are falling, let’s run through a handful of positives and concerns that have shown up in Chicago’s first four games.”Jeff Burdick (Cubs Insider): Will Cubs’ $100 million rotation gamble eventually pay off? “... the rotation’s cost more than anything has precluded investing in any number of other need areas.”Mark Gonzales (Chicago Tribune* {$}): ‘We can’t give so many free baserunners’: Kyle Hendricks is annoyed Cubs pitchers have walked 27 batters in 4 games. “We’ve got to get back to the fundamentals. Good pitches, get ahead of guys, put them away and play good defense,” he continued.Ben Weinrib (MLB.com*): Carl Edwards Jr’s delivery pause ruled illegal by MLB. “You can’t hit the ground twice apparently, but for years the guys did the double pump, and their back foot will hit the ground twice,” Joe Maddon said. Brendan Miller also has thoughts about Edwards. So does Gordon Wittenmyer.Brett Taylor (Bleacher Nation): Brandon Morrow is just about ready to face live hitters. Expanding on Jesse Rogers tweet.Patrick Mooney (The Athletic {$}): Why the Cubs and David Bote made a $15 million deal. “... he’s got a young family at home – he prioritizes security http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-konerko-jersey ,” said Epstein.Emily Waldon (The Athletic {$}): Twelve prospects who impressed in this year’s Cactus League. “... some of my choices may lean more toward projectable intrigue than major-league-ready talent, because isn’t that half the fun when it comes to evaluation?”Barry Rozner (Daily Herald {$}): 30 years later, ‘89 Chicago Cubs opener a wild memory. “... as Opening Day hysterics go, the Chicago Cubs’ 1989 opener was one of the all-timers.”Cubs birthdays: Joe Brown, Pete Kilduff, Mickey Owen, Willie Ramsdell, Eddie Watt. Also notable: Tris Speaker (HoF), Jim Fregosi.Food for thought:

zhangzk  
zhangzk

http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com
Yet they held on to catcher J.T. Realmuto.

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz