Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pee

#1 von panxing18 , 23.09.2019 03:32

OWINGS MILLS White Mark Ingram Jersey , Md. (AP)s announced his retirement Monday following a successful NFL career that began with the New England Patriots. The 68-year-Pees told players of his decision on New Year’s Day, less than 24 hours after the Ravens were eliminated from playoff contention with a 31-27 loss to Cincinnati . Pees served as Baltimore’s defensive coordinator for six years, spending the 2010 and 2011 seasons as linebackers coach. ”A lot of guys are forced to retire because of their health reasons. My health couldn’t be better,” Pees said. ”I feel like most of the time in my 45-year career, football’s probably come first and everything else second. It’s time that changed.” Pees plans to spend time with his family. He began his coaching career in 1973 as a high school coach before becoming defensive coordinator at the University of Findlay in 1979. He served as an assistant at six other colleges before launching a six-year run as an assistant with New England. He is one of eight men in NFL history to serve as defensive coordinator in a Super Bowl with two different teams. Baltimore won the 2012 Super Bowl with Pees guiding the defense. ”The two things I’m probably most proud of is that I’ve never been fired – people still think I was fired from New England. I was not Mark Ingram Jersey 2019 ,” Pees said. ”And No. 2 is, that I have never in 45 years had a confrontation with a player.” The Ravens had 34 takeaways this season and ranked 12th in total defense. Baltimore linebacker C.J. Mosley said of Pees: ”I love him as a coach and as a man. The things that he did for this organization and the NFL, you’ve got to give credit to him and thank him.” Current Ravens linebackers coach Don Martindale is a possible candidate to replace Pees. Martindale has been with the Ravens since 2012. — Ravens outside linebacker and edge rusher Za’Darius Smith was awarded AFC defensive player of the week honors this afternoon. Against the Titans in Week 6, Smith recorded five total tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble. His third sack of the day was the Ravens eleventh on a Sunday Ben Powers Baltimore Ravens Jersey , which set the franchise-record for most sacks in a game. It was a dominant performance overall by the defense, but Smith was the most impressive individual player. Smith is a rising star this season and has been one of the Ravens most impressive defensive players. He currently ranks first on the team in sacks and is tied for fifth in total tackles. After recording three sacks last week, Smith’s total is now at 5.5 on the season. This matches his career-high, which he set during a strong rookie season in 2015. With 10 games remaining this season, Smith could very well double this number. Smith looked like a breakout candidate following his rookie season Ben Powers Baltimore Ravens Jersey , but struggled to be anything more than a rotational piece over the past two seasons. In his fourth season at age 26, however, Smith appears to be putting it all together. His 72.4 grade on Pro Football Focus is the highest among all Ravens linebackers and ranks sixth overall on defense behind Marlon Humphrey, Brandon Williams, Tony Jefferson Ben Powers Jersey , Brent Urban and Anthony Levine Sr. In a contract season, Smith may be playing his way out of the Ravens price range. For now, however, all Baltimore can do is reap the on-field benefits of Smith’s stellar play this season.

panxing18  
panxing18

The Panthers running back continues make history a
No word on Kendall Sheffield or exactly what th

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz