away in Jacksonville.I just love coaching, Kiffin sa

#1 von riluowanying123 , 14.08.2018 17:14

UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Through the first five minutes Sunday, 15th-ranked Texas owned No. 2 Connecticut.Looking for their first win against a ranked opponent in four attempts this season, the scrappy and athletic Longhorns overwhelmed and outplayed the Huskies on both sides of the ball. Texas used its size for early success in the frontcourt, freshman forward Joyner Holmes and senior center Kelsey Lang combining for 10 points.By the end of the period, Texas held a two-point lead, had grabbed nearly three times as many rebounds as UConn and scored more than twice as many points in the paint. Katie Lou Samuelson, UConns leading scorer, and junior guard Kia Nurse were both scoreless.And thats when UConn coach Geno Auriemma delivered what he described as his best 30-second timeout speech -- one he says he saves for special occasions in an attempt to awaken his team from an uncharacteristic start.When they came over I said, Guys, just take a deep breath, this game is over. They just kicked our [butts] for five minutes and this is going to keep happening for the next 35 minutes, so dont worry about it, Auriemma said. The first five minutes it was all them, it was all Texas.Auriemmas sermon worked. Nurse scored UConns first seven points of the second period and teamed with sophomore Napheesha Collier, who finished with a game-high 24 points, to help the Huskies stave off the Longhorns 72-54.We took it upon ourselves to fight back, said Nurse, who finished with 15 points three days after a career-high 33 against DePaul. We had to get every board we could, every loose ball we could. Offensively we had to read what they were giving us [and] execute.Texas led 17-15 after the opening 10 minutes, outscoring UConn 10-4 in the paint and outrebounding the Huskies 14-5. Samuelson was whistled for two fouls in the opening 5:15 and played just six minutes with no points in the first half.But balance helped the Huskies beat the Longhorns. They got timely contributions from freshman guard Crystal Dangerfield (six points) and junior forward Gabby Williams (11 points, six assists and four steals). Junior center Natalie Butler might have made the most crucial contribution, however.Auriemma subbed in Butler to counteract the Longhorns size advantage inside and clog the lane against Texas perimeter players, a move Texas coach Karen Aston labeled as a key to the shift of momentum. Butlers presence in the paint allowed for players like Collier and Williams to play defense out on the perimeter. The adjustment rattled the Texas offense, which Aston said became stagnant. Texas finished the game with 25 turnovers, 13 belonging to Holmes and Lang collectively.We needed Nat in the lane, we needed a presence in the lane, Auriemma said. I thought she did a great job, she played some really solid basketball for us.Samuelson eventually found her rhythm after the break, rallying for 12 points in 19 minutes of second-half play.When teams try to take me out I just have to keep moving on the floor, Samuelson said.The Longhorns -- who dropped to 2-4 on the season, with all four losses suffered against Top 25 opponents -- got an impressive showing from junior guard Brooke McCarty, who scored a team-high 15 points. But Aston said an inability to adjust to UConns frontcourt switch, as well as not having an answer for Collier, cost Texas the game. UConn is 8-0 all-time in the series.I thought they competed better, competed a little longer than we did on possession and were just a little tougher than we were, Aston said. Weve got to fix ourselves in several areas in the next few weeks.Now the Huskies, who have won 82 consecutive games, turn their focus to Wednesdays game at Notre Dame, arguably the biggest womens college basketball game of the regular season. Auriemma says the teams identity has changed, but when the team needs someone to step up, the Huskies have delivered.We dont appear to be the kind of team that just goes in there and imposes their will on the other team like we have been doing the last couple of years, Auriemma said. Its a little bit frustrating sometimes from a coaching standpoint, but we seem to find someone each game that kind of gets it going for us. Today it was Pheesa and Kia. Wholesale Black College Jerseys . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Cheap Jerseys . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. http://www.ncaawholesalejerseys.com/ . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. China College Gear . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. China Womens College Jerseys . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Monte Kiffin didnt handle retirement very well.No golfing. No fishing. Not even some leisurely shuffleboard.You can only go on so many walks with your wife on the beach, Kiffin said.So the 76-year-old Kiffin got back into coaching after a one-year hiatus and is helping Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley revamp one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Kiffin isnt calling plays or working with a specific position group. Hes merely a defensive assistant, but probably the most well-respected one in the league.Hes entering his 29th NFL season, a career that includes stops in Green Bay, Buffalo, Minnesota, New York, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Dallas and Jacksonville. He has 21 years of coaching at the collegiate level, a resume that began at his alma mater, Nebraska, in 1966.So this is Kiffins golden anniversary.It might also be his most enjoyable season after spending a year somewhat removed from the game.Im really having a lot of fun, Kiffin said. But having fun, youve got to win, you know? You want to win. Like I told Gus, `I didnt come here to be one-and-done now. Lets go.The Jaguars seemingly have all the pieces in place for a quick turnaround, with defensive end Dante Fowler returning from knee injury, defensive tackle Malik Jackson and safety Tashaun Gipson filling huge needs in free agency, and cornerback Prince Amukamara providing veteran leadership. Throw in the teams top three draft picks -- cornerback Jalen Ramsey, linebacker Myles Jack and defensive end Yannick Ngakoue -- and Jacksonville believes it has assembled a formidable unit for years to come.For Kiffin, seeing it come together elicits memories of his early years in Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers drafted Hall of Famers Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks in 1995, the year before coach Tony Dungy hired Kiffin. The Bucs made the playoffs in four of Dungys six seasons, including advancing to the 1999 NFC championship game.Thats what I see happening here, said Kiffin, who will sort of be reunited with the Bucs this week when his former team travels to Jacksonville for two days of practice. It could be like the Bucs. I dont know that it will be. We have to go out and do it on the field.Kiffins presence should help. Bradley initially brought Kiffin in as a consultant in January while he interviewed candidates to replace fired defensive coordinator Bob Babich. Kiffin stuck around to help during free agency and then got a call from Bradley in March asking him to join Jacksonvilles staff full-time.ddddddddddddiffin didnt hesitate.Although he stayed busy in his year off -- he helped a couple high school coaches in the Tampa Bay area and spent a week visiting the Seattle Seahawks and two weeks helping the Pittsburgh Steelers -- it wasnt the same as being on the field every day. Kiffin longed for football so much that he spent three days a week hunkered down in a back room of Monday Night Football analyst Jon Grudens Tampa office just watching game tape.Basically it was just time for me to study and stay up, Kiffin said. I was hoping I was going to get back in. I was going to get back in somehow. I didnt know what I was going to do.Bradley insists Kiffin isnt on the payroll as a favor even though Kiffin helped Bradley get his first NFL job with Tampa Bay in 2006 and told Pete Carroll to hire Bradley as Seattles defensive coordinator in 2010.Bradley wanted Kiffin around, in part, to be a sounding board for young players and first-time NFL defensive coordinator Todd Wash. So Wash bounces idea off Kiffin, as do Bradley and offensive coordinator Greg Olson.The big thing with him was what was going to be his exact role, Bradley said. Once we came up with an idea of his role, was he going to accept that role? Its gone above and beyond. Its better than I imagined. Hes really doing everything he can to help this defense, this organization, to get better and wants nothing in return. Its really cool for him, and he adds tremendous value.Added veteran linebacker Paul Posluszny: Hes a Hall of Fame guy and his insight is always so specific and so exact.Kiffins retirement plan was much less precise, partly because he doesnt have many hobbies. Football is his life, so much so that his wife is walking the beaches alone near Tampa while he works about 200 miles away in Jacksonville.I just love coaching, Kiffin said. Just to be back coaching. Im not here to run this show or be the coordinator. Really, I came here to help young coaches and young players get better. Ive been there, done it, seen it. Im just here to help everyone else.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

riluowanying123  
riluowanying123

ould rather keep going but a loss shouldnt
well or defending them well with th

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz